“I was berated my this hotel's staff after having $300 stolen from my room.”

Beach Club at Siesta Key
“I was berated my this hotel's staff after having $300 stolen from my room.”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was planning to write a great review until $300 was stolen from my room. When I reported it missing the staff went from accomodating to accusing then to down right rude. The staff dropped F bombs, and told me I should watch my money better. When the wallet was found at the laundry service with no money in it, I was told by management that someone must have snuck into my room at night and took my money. Somehow, someone coincidentally also took my empty wallet to the laundry service. I would severely recommend that people should run from this place as it is now deemed unsafe, reckless, and unaccountable to its staff's horrible treatment to its guests.

• Stayed November 2013
7 Thank SLTravelocity
RVAFlorida, Manager at Beach Club at Siesta Key, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We were disappointed to hear of this guests experience at our resort. At the time of the incident, the police where notified and a formal report was filed. Their report indicated there was no evidence of of any employees being responsible for the missing items. An internal investigation found the same information - as well as no record of the verbal berating the guest spoke of. Our Operations Manager personally contacted this guest several days after the incident to offer the appropriate apology.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We were just here for one night, joining friends and my husband found the beach club based on the reviews. We were very happy to discover it. The staff at the office was very nice, just a minute walk from the beautiful beach. We were impressed by the unit, modern, nicely decorated. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Isabelle M
Pembroke Pines, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Don't you even think about booking in this hotel.
Cancelled 15 days prior to arrival and I was charged USD 700. I started reading the reviews in Booking.com and all of them where good. Then my dautghter read the ones here and advise me to change the hotel.
Never heard in the US!!
RUN AWAY!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Maria S
RVAFlorida, Manager at Beach Club at Siesta Key, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
We were disappointed to hear of this guests experience with our hotel. This guest booked their stay through booking.com, where our terms clearly state that the final balance is due 30 days prior to the arrival date and 100% forfeiture if cancel inside of this timeline. This is a cancellation policy typical of vacation rental companies. We encourage all guests, whether staying with us or another property, to investigate travel policies prior to purchasing or in the event of a possible cancellation consider purchasing Travel Insurance to prevent situations such as these.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This small, light yellow, charming wooden retreat is a good choice and real good value in beautiful Siesta Key. It´s not exactly on the beach but really close (a few hundred meters). Apartments are really inviting, comfortable, modern and tastefully furnished and decorated. The outside terrace sofas were very appreciated. Everything you need is there. The only small things we missed were some hangers and hooks for clothes and towels. Providing more beach chairs would also be an improvement.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Erik S
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here with my girlfriend and her parents. We had a two bedroom room with kitchen and sitting room. BBQ'd by the pool and lounged in the Jacuzzi in the evening. Very comfortable and the private beach was perfect! Not crowded and very clean. We are definitely returning for R&R.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

First time in Siesta Key chose Siesta Key Beach Club based on Great reviews, photos and location.
Room 204
HOUSEKEEPING ISSUES-
Never changed sheets in 5 days--we only refused service 1 day.
Toilet clogged--Maintenance fixed but then left the toilet and the tub dirty with toilet goo--had to call down 2 times for housekeeping to come clean it AFTER room had been marked clean?! Never changed towels--we would get from front office each day.
Never made the bed in the 2nd bedroom even though it was clearly used all 5 days.
Never took trash out except after 1st night--we took it out ourselves after leaving it for 3 days seeing if they would do it or not when they "cleaned" the room.
NEVER vacuumed nor swept the beach sand and lint from laundry still on carpet until the flooding see below.
Note--we never put the DND sign on the door because we wanted our room cleaned daily.

MAINTENANCE/PLUMBING ISSUES--
Faucet in kitchen sprayed and dripped at the same time no amount of pushing switches would unstick it so water sprayed everywhere each time it was turned on.
Toilet clogged as mentioned above walls would shake and LOUD noises when flushing if it would flush at all.
The entire sink faucet in main bathroom kept moving when turning on and off on final morning went to turn off after brushing teeth and the handle broke internally causing hot water to go everywhere and flood the whole place including the bedroom behind it.
Headboards moved/hit wall even with slightest movement when sleeping or sitting on bed.
3 of the clothes drawers were broken--parts left sitting in the drawers.
THIS PLACE NEEDS TO BE MAINTAINED better.
We initially chose to overlook minor things because we ourselves are in the hospitality business--i.e. kitchen faucet issue, broken drawers however once more things fell apart or service was poor it added up to too many issues for paying $200 a night. Décor is nice but only goes so far when functionality is lost. The only positive was the closeness to the beach.
Parking is limited.
(NOTE this place is 2 miles South from Siesta Key Public Beach)

Room Tip: DO NOT stay in 204
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jayeeni
RVAFlorida, Manager at Beach Club at Siesta Key, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
We were disappointing to hear of this guests response to their stay. A thorough investigation has since been performed by a member of our Senior Management on each point mentioned. Housekeeping logs indicate the room was serviced each day. Our resort manager was onsite all weekend, and did receive the clogged toilet request. Our logs indicate a staff member responded to the complaint by unclogging the toilet and cleaning the tub with the guest present. We also received the broken faucet complaint at 8 AM the morning of their departure, the guest departed around 9 AM and the faucet was fixed and damages cleaned up by 10 AM. We've since tightened the headboard as mentioned. However, some of the items mentioned were not found in our search or logs. A member of our Management Team has reached out to this guest for more information and with the appropriate apology and resolution. Our logs did indicate this guest was scheduled to depart on Monday, but once here decided to extend their stay one extra day.
Geneva, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I am a Florida native but had never been to Siesta Key. I chose the Beach Club using Hotels.com, and my friend and I were more than pleased with it! It is a new place, and our studio room was beautiful. The private access beach was a minute's walk away, and the complex was quiet and charming. Shauna was at the front desk during our stay, and she was friendly and welcoming. They have a pool and hot tub in the center of the complex, and guests can also use the pool at the resort next door. Even in October the pool was lovely and warm. We couldn't get enough of the beautiful beach; The sand is soft and powdery and the water is clear and calm. We had a wonderful stay and plan to return!

Room Tip: Building A is a one story so you don't have upstairs neighbors. It's also the closest to the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Turtle Beach Resort
Turtle Beach Resort
#6 of 12 in Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

Been to Beach Club at Siesta Key? Share your experiences!