“Great place for a relaxing family vacation.”

Beach Club at Siesta Key
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We are presently staying at the Beach Club at Siesta Key and are enjoying our stay. Large living area, 2 bedrooms with Queen beds, 2 baths, washer and dryer. Kitchen was especially clean and has new appliances. Nice patio area with couches and chairs for use of those staying on that level. Pool smallish but most people come for the beach. Beach is close by, 200yards to the water not 1/2 mile as stated in previous review. When we made our reservation Joe was very helpful in picking the right unit for our family.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Coloradogirl123

Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the beach club july 20th and 21st. I booked the trip through booking.com for about 190 each night. I picked the bc because i really like creseant beach its just as nice as siesta key public beach but not packed. Check in took about 3 mins and we opened the door to our room and found it looking brand new. Everything was up to date and even had a washer and dryer in the bathroom. Fell right asleep in the bed which is hard for me to do on vacation. The beach was about a 3 min walk past the hayatt but for the rooms as nice as they were and they hayatt is 600 per night i will walk the 3 mins. Also the two blond ladies at the front desk we great. I will def be back to this resort

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank buckster46
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This establishment is grossly misrepresented on website. Don't understand the glowing reviews . No lovely beach chairs; just trash left from former guests ,no beach umbrellas ;circuit breakers constantly shutting down power; half mile walk to beach and then 100's of yards to walk to get past other resorts "private beach", not even legal in Florida . Asked for lower floor due to arthritis; was put on third floor and while they advertise as being ADA compliant,elevators were all rusted out and not working . Heartbroken that I wasted precious vacation time at this place which has the nerve to call itself a resort. Should be cited for noncompliance with Federal law and false advertising.
TRAVELERS BEWARE! THIS PLACE IS THE PITS!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Maria715
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Absolutely loved this place. My daughter and I lived in the pool for hours each day. The unit we stayed in 103E I believe is a 2 bedroom condo which was very nice. I also loved that the until had a washer and dryer. All full size appliances and plenty of room for the 5 of us that stayed here. The walk to the beach was minimal..1 or 2 minutes and we had a key for the gate to the private beach area that was shared with the Hyatt. check-in went quickly. I would only say that we had some issues with the wifi connection that we ended up having to get a long phone cord for which I found antiquated, but really didn't plan on being on the computer much anyway!

Should I ever visit beautiful Siesta Key again, I will definitely be making this my stop for lodging again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ackc1966
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I wasn't going to initially write this review but I feel as though others need to know what my family experienced at this hotel. I am going to get straight to the point and then give an overall review besides the major problem. On the third and final night of our stay, my kids were playing in the room they were sleeping in and had taken off the bed covers down to the lower 1/4, which is rarely seen unless you inspect it yourself. One of kids yelled for me to come and see something, it was a rather large blood stain that went all the way through to the mattress. This was obviously left by the last person who slept in that bed because it didn't look like an old stain. And even if it was; Why would the maid service use stained sheets? Upon further inspection I found tissues stuffed inside the comforter in between the blankets. Needless to say my wife and I were completely disgusted but could not call the office because they were closed. The most disgusting part to me with all of this is that my kids slept in that bed for two nights, and we had maid service on the second day, they didn't change the sheets but rather just made up the existing dirty linens. I did not get a partial refund for one night until I got home the next day after writing to the management of the hotel about how grossed out I was and that having blood born pathogens is a health hazard and could be reported, maybe I should have, but I am not that kind of person. But let this review be of use to those who visit this hotel or any hotel for that matter. After this experience I will always do a proper inspection of the linens and towels. I shouldn't have to do that but now I am paranoid of what has or hasn't been done in regards to hygiene and maid service.

Now that information is out of the way. The hotel is average in regards to what it offers. Other things I would criticize other than the bloody sheets: The water pressure is extremely low in the showers, it basically just drips out of the shower head. You can hear the neighbors snoring in the next room, so the walls are not that insulated. The pool is smaller than average and when we were there, there was a group of three or four families staying there and it was like they took over the pool and BBQ area, it was uncomfortable for the rest of the guests. I am not blaming the hotel obviously, this part was just bad luck on our part timing wise, as was the blood stained sheets. The rooms lacked bedside tables and there was no place to set anything on. There were outlets everywhere but no tables to set an iPad, computer, or phone for recharging, I had to set my gear on the floor in a tight room. I thought the kids were going to smash my iPad on the floor while charging. On a positive note, the hotel looks great, nice landscaping. I know the manager was upset about the blood on the sheets and she said they take cleanliness very seriously. After this review and my complaint I am sure it will be taken more seriously. I would have considered staying here again but not after the bloody sheets incident, if I stayed there again that's all I would think about. I mean that was the lasting memory of the vacation, when we talk about this year in Siesta Key it will be "remember the bloody sheets there"...

I feel bad having to write this review but I feel like people need to know that they should be safe and check the beds for clean sheets everywhere. I don't trust any hotel now, I don't care if I'm staying at the Ritz Carlton I will always check the beds amongst other things.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank oldkid6
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My extended family had a fabulous vacation here. For 7 of us, we had two units...a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom (108A and 102B). The staff was extremely nice and very helpful. We loved the condos' layout, decor, full-kitchen, and nice size showers. The beds were unbelievably comfortable! Some reviews mention that the space is a bit small, but it is not tiny. I think it would be like an average size apartment. The bedrooms are big enough for a bed and some furniture, and the bathrooms and kitchens are quite large. The washer/dryer in each unit was also a nice bonus. Although we were able to access the beach here, we preferred the Siesta Key public beach a few miles up the road. The pool at the Beach Club was very nice -- warm, clean, etc. The private balcony was very large and quite comfortable, too.

For us, the only downsides were that unit 108A is on the 2nd floor. All units are one set of stairs up, and then for us we had two more flights of stairs. This wasn't too bad for most of us except when hauling suitcases up and down the stairs. My 70-something arthritic mother had a hard time with so many stairs. Technically they have a "lift" that probably makes them ADA compliant, but it seemed to require a key and was kind of gross looking. If you have physical limitations in regards to stairs, this might not be the ideal location. Also, parking is very tight in most areas; building A had the most available parking.

We really enjoyed our visit here.

Room Tip: End units such as 108A may be on the 2nd floor which will require climbing a few flights of stairs