“Great Breakfast Spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The Village Cafe remains a great spot for breakfast in Siesta Key. It is conveniently located in the Village and offers great service and value. While it always seems to have a line for breakfast, don't be fooled as they move people very quickly. You don't feel rushed, but it does have some hustle and bustle. Their breakfast menu has a wide variety with generous portions providing a great value. Business was brisk with the Broken Egg closed for renovation, but even if it were open we would choose the Village Cafe for breakfast. Always good and highly recommended.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place to have lunch on Siesta Key. Friends recommended Village Cafe and we opted to go there. Glad we did. I had a tuna melt and the tuna fish was really excellent. Done perfectly on rye bread. Decided to go healthy on the side dish and chose fruit instead of french fries. Good choice because the fruit was very good. My wife had a swiss cheese omelette with sliced tomatoes on the side, and she really enjoyed it. She also ordered a grilled biscuit and it was excellent. Very good iced coffee to finish off the meal...Village cafe is open only for breakfast and lunch and they close at 2:30. You should make a point of going there.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband ate at the Village Cafe twice during our stay on Siesta Key in January. We liked it so much the first time, we had to go back. We wanted to eat at the Broken Egg, but it was not open. We were not disappointed. The food was excellent both times. I do have to say, we had better service the second visit. Our server was not very friendly during our fist visit. She just seemed like she's rather be somewhere else. She just wasn't very friendly. Our server during our second visit was just the opposite, very friendly, very helpful offering suggestions. The food was excellent both visits.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We ordered the basic breakfast meals which taste good, but he service is swift and very attentive. We didn't feel rushed, but it's great when your order comes out fast. Was only in town for a few days and came here twice.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Visiting Siesta Key and decided to try the Village Cafe for breakfast. Very busy and friendly place. My partner had the sweet potato pancakes and I had your basic scrambled eggs. Three large pancakes with sweet potato color and favor. Nice crunch and sweetness. Yummy! My eggs were done perfectly and the potatoes the best that I have had in a long time. Service was excellent and we will be back.