“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cottage Restaurant

The Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 41 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Nestled in Siesta Key Village, The Cottage is a casual and quaint, old Florida beach house with a menu that will never disappoint. Our fusion cuisine appeals to locals and globe trekkers alike with Latin American, Asian and Hawaiian influences. We offer indoor dining and two options for outdoor seating--a front patio that overlooks The Siesta Key Village, and a garden-setting back patio with live music nightly 7pm-close. Happy Hour runs Monday - Friday from 11:00am-6:00pm. Late Night Happy Hour offered Friday and Saturday evenings from 10pm to 1am. Known for attention to fine food, lovely cocktails and great service, The Cottage has quickly become everything that is raved about on TripAdvisor and more.
Siesta key
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We chose this restaurant after reading other reviews. My husband had the ribs, 3 very small pieces I had a burger which was a bit more substantial but nothing special. The server never once asked if we wanted more drinks, including water. Overall very disappointing.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Monker2013

Siesta Key, Florida
“We love this place and we are village locals!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

The outside of the cottage looks like a simple beach bar but wait til you taste the food! Awesome! Bartenders are very attentive and manager is always around. If its nice out eat out back with live music. After 5 pm is valet parking

1 Thank travelor146
Dallas, Texas
“Good, but we expected more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews before we selected The Cottage for last night's dinner. One of the reasons we went was the lure of live music, which never happened. Maybe because it was slow night after a rainstorm, but we did find live music down the street. On the positive side, the food was excellent. The shrimp rolls were great and my husband's short ribs with kimchi mash were gobbled up. The lobster bisque was creamy -- maybe a little too creamy -- and the ceviche was beautifully served with interesting Peruvian accents. Service was very good and, overall, the ambiance is cozy. Decent if limited wine list. Surprised that a restaurant with high quality, thoughtful and unusual dishes would have knives and forks wrapped in paper napkins.

Visited September 2013
Lee, United Kingdom
“Our Siesta Key favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

By far the best food we ate in Siesta Key. Local dishes presented and cooked to absolute perfection.
I tried " local catch" I had never heard of (not local to me coming from Europe... :) It was absolutely superb.
So was my partners spare rib dish.
It was probably one of the more expensive dishes we ate during our holiday, but well worth paying that extra.
If you appreciate good food do not give this one a miss!!!

Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great Service and Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was our first offical visit to Siesta Keys. We couldn't have picked a better place for our anniversary. My wife and I are big on restaurants and 'The Cottage" didn't let us down. We were referred to "The Cottage" by our drive Daniel. We ordered the Mixed Ceviche and the Shrimp Rolls, which were both fantastic. The server (Eric) was excellent. Oh I can't forget the highlighted drink, which was a Patron Citronge Mojito. I had about two of those and they were refreshing and tasty. Mt wife is not a drinker but when she tasted it, she was very impressed. I was so impressed that I came home and made the drink for a concert that we were attending. My wife and I are thinking of coming back in October because of the food, the people and the beach.

1 Thank frodgers