“A Perfect Vacation”

Hyatt Residence Club Sarasota, Siesta Key Beach
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A beautiful resort on a fabulous white sand beach. Staff was very attentive to every detail. Rooms were immaculate and very spacious. Bathrooms were spotless and very luxurious..Valet parking and complementary kayaks and bicycles were a nice touch. I have stayed at several places on Siesta Key but this was the best by far. Their breakfast is very convenient as well as the coffee and espresso machines in the rooms. Kitchen appliances are top of the line. Washer & dryer in room was very convenient. Very relaxing -I can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank BRizzo9999

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Wrapping up a 4-nite stay here and this place has exceeded my expectations. I did not realize how large these apartments were. We had plenty of room for our family of four and then some. Top quality kitchen, a gigantic shower, even a heated toilet seat! It is pricey but if you want to save a few bucks, opt for the "city" view instead of the gulf view and then just head to the beach at sunset. The sand is steps away and Siesta Key is a great destination. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very relaxing trip.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Showman500
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our family is staying four nights at the Hyatt, we are a family of four, two adults & two boys ages 7 &11. Our room is HUGE, & I believe we are in one of the smaller rooms available. The rooms are very comfortable and well furnished. The bathrooms will spoil you! The grounds outside are beautiful! Lush landscaping & soft music playing add to the vibe. I have not seen such beautiful landscape at a hotel since we stayed at Disney. The valet workers are amazingly friendly & helpful, I've asked them to help me with several tasks, turning on gas for the grills, lighting the fire pit, ect. They have always been ready & willing to lend a hand! This is a beautiful resort and although it can be pricey, I feel it is worth the money. We are staying in a non ocean view room to cut down on cost a little, we also got a reduced rate for booking well in advance. This is our first time to siesta key, it is a very charming area! We plan to come back & will always stay at the Hyatt when we do!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Betsy B
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the best place to stay!
It was pure luxury, loved all the extras, breakfast, nesspresso and keurig machines in your room, the most incredible shower ever, tv in the bathroom, water for by the pool, double loungers by the pool, valet parking, Bose sound system. I can't tell you how truly wonderful this place was, it was actually really quiet and beach chairs and cabanas were always available. The concierge from England was a really great guy and we enjoyed chatting football with him. The other concierge who also stood in for the beach chair man one day was like a machine. He was fast and super polite and worked all day in the heat but kept smiling. Sorry I didn't catch your names but you do a great job!
The beds in the two large bedrooms were sooooooo comfy you could have stayed in bed all day watching your huge tv. The room had a whole separate wing off to the master bed and bath with an additional bathroom on the way, never even used that one! There was a cupboard in the entrance hall that had a beach bag and a cooler with your room number on for your use, what a great idea!
Can't wait to come back one day it was completely amazing

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Susie&George
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was our second time to stay at this property and I am hesitant to actually post how I really feel about this Hyatt Residence Club because I am afraid it will increase demand and make it much more difficult to find available rooms. This is the very best property anywhere on the Florida Gulf Coast. It is right on the beach (and Siesta Key Beach is regularly listed as the best beach anywhere). The white sand beach never gets hot (it is actually crushed quartz and not sand - it reflects the heat rather than absorbing it). The furnished beach chairs and umbrellas are great, the pool is very nice with a number of cabanas some with a TV (not that you would want to spend time watching it). There is a fire pit for relaxing and visiting with other guests in the evening, they also have gas grills available if you find the need to have a grilled steak in your room. The residential units all have two bedrooms and two bathrooms (the master bath has a huge jetted tub, rain shower and even a heated toiled seat – may have to get one of those for the house), some units also have a den with a third bathroom. The kitchens are furnished with high end appliances and even include a Nespresso machine. The professional 6-burner gas range, Sub Zero refrigerator and other appliances allow you to prepare any meal you desire. If you do not want to do your own cooking, the hotel will arrange for a chef to come in and prepare a meal for you in your room.

It is an easy walk to restaurants and stores (including a liquor store). The excellent, complimentary, continental breakfast is a very nice touch and always included great fresh fruit along with many other offerings.

You will receive a welcoming email a few days before your arrival and if you plan to prepare meals yourself, I would highly recommend using the grocery shopping program they offer. The quality of the food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable as well. It will all be in your room when you check in so you will not have to use your precious vacation time shopping for groceries.

The valet parking is also a nice added amenity as well. If you so desire, there are many great restaurants a short drive away, and the staff will be happy to assist you with suggestions and directions.

It would not be possible to describe every great aspect of a vacation at this property. Overall, for a beach vacation in the lower 48, Hyatt Siesta Key Residence Club cannot be beat. To repeat a statement from another review – “THIS PLACE SIMPLY ROCKS”.

Room Tip: A high floor, ocean front would always be the best (we were in an ocean front corner unit this time...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank Texascowboy3600
Reviewed May 11, 2013

First class all the way. Rooms are impeccably furnished. Beach is superb - powder white sand, calm warm water and ample chairs and umbrellas. Pool area is very nice - water is warm and very clean. Service at the hotel was excellent - everyone friendly and helpful. My only two minor complaints - checkout time is a bit early at 10AM and the free breakfast buffet could be improved. It is definitely not a cheap place to stay at, but if you like the best, this is where to stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a gulf view and watch the beautiful sunsets from your balcony!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank liquid8rkk
Reviewed April 8, 2013

...when I'm paying close to a grand a night for their best accomodations, I expect a touch more class. At check-in, the desk clerk was snooty. Maybe some expect to have a nose turned up at them in expensive places, but that's not the kind of "class" I'm referring to. Wasn't a warm welcome, I'll just say. Getting past that, I was delighted upon entering our room. Gorgeous ocean view, spacious kitchen with two options for a coffeemaker, four bathrooms and one with a heated toilet seat. Our room had rooms that I didn't even expect! Everything you could see was very clean. Again, everything you could SEE was clean. We had to move the chairs at night to prop up against the balcony door since the lock didn't work. In doing that, we uncovered a bunch of old Mardi Gras necklaces, a couple balls and food pieces. I didn't even mind the broken lock or the junk under the furniture (or that big, nasty white, sticky glob inside one of the cabinets- don't even want to guess what that was) since I was really enjoying myself at this lovely place. Enjoyed the wonderful beach in the provided lounge chairs; had a fine swim in the pool; loved the cascading waterfall in the hot tub. The complimentary chilled water bottles by the beach entrance in the morning were a nice touch. There was a fire pit at night where some friendly folks were roasting marshmallows on skewer sticks. They encouraged us to do the same and get the "free kit" from the front desk. I did. I thought that was a nice touch on the hotel's part, too.

At checkout, I noticed a $15 charge on my bill. It was for the marshmallow kit. I explained that I was told it was free. That's when that same condescending desk clerk from check-in purred, "I'm sorry you were misinformed." I asked if it could be taken off my bill. Despite her glassy stare, I think she took pleasure in saying there was nothing that could be done about it. Now, I'm knowingly and happily paying a boatload to stay at this place, I don't think 15 bucks is going to break me, but it would've been a nice courtesy for them to remove the charge. That snobby desk clerk left a bad taste in my mouth. That encounter was what I was left with at departure; like finding a hair in your food at the end of an otherwise enjoyable meal. I did enjoy this place very much and would return on the hopes that that clerk is no longer employed there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 51 in Sarasota
Captiva Beach Resort
Captiva Beach Resort
#7 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Hyatt Residence Club Sarasota, Siesta Key Beach? Share your experiences!