“Amazing, wonderful! Loved it!!!”

Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Amazing, wonderful! Loved it!!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the best place to stay!
It was pure luxury, loved all the extras, breakfast, nesspresso and keurig machines in your room, the most incredible shower ever, tv in the bathroom, water for by the pool, double loungers by the pool, valet parking, Bose sound system. I can't tell you how truly wonderful this place was, it was actually really quiet and beach chairs and cabanas were always available. The concierge from England was a really great guy and we enjoyed chatting football with him. The other concierge who also stood in for the beach chair man one day was like a machine. He was fast and super polite and worked all day in the heat but kept smiling. Sorry I didn't catch your names but you do a great job!
The beds in the two large bedrooms were sooooooo comfy you could have stayed in bed all day watching your huge tv. The room had a whole separate wing off to the master bed and bath with an additional bathroom on the way, never even used that one! There was a cupboard in the entrance hall that had a beach bag and a cooler with your room number on for your use, what a great idea!
Can't wait to come back one day it was completely amazing

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank Susie&George

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Plainview, Texas
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was our second time to stay at this property and I am hesitant to actually post how I really feel about this Hyatt Residence Club because I am afraid it will increase demand and make it much more difficult to find available rooms. This is the very best property anywhere on the Florida Gulf Coast. It is right on the beach (and Siesta Key Beach is regularly listed as the best beach anywhere). The white sand beach never gets hot (it is actually crushed quartz and not sand - it reflects the heat rather than absorbing it). The furnished beach chairs and umbrellas are great, the pool is very nice with a number of cabanas some with a TV (not that you would want to spend time watching it). There is a fire pit for relaxing and visiting with other guests in the evening, they also have gas grills available if you find the need to have a grilled steak in your room. The residential units all have two bedrooms and two bathrooms (the master bath has a huge jetted tub, rain shower and even a heated toiled seat – may have to get one of those for the house), some units also have a den with a third bathroom. The kitchens are furnished with high end appliances and even include a Nespresso machine. The professional 6-burner gas range, Sub Zero refrigerator and other appliances allow you to prepare any meal you desire. If you do not want to do your own cooking, the hotel will arrange for a chef to come in and prepare a meal for you in your room.

It is an easy walk to restaurants and stores (including a liquor store). The excellent, complimentary, continental breakfast is a very nice touch and always included great fresh fruit along with many other offerings.

You will receive a welcoming email a few days before your arrival and if you plan to prepare meals yourself, I would highly recommend using the grocery shopping program they offer. The quality of the food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable as well. It will all be in your room when you check in so you will not have to use your precious vacation time shopping for groceries.

The valet parking is also a nice added amenity as well. If you so desire, there are many great restaurants a short drive away, and the staff will be happy to assist you with suggestions and directions.

It would not be possible to describe every great aspect of a vacation at this property. Overall, for a beach vacation in the lower 48, Hyatt Siesta Key Residence Club cannot be beat. To repeat a statement from another review – “THIS PLACE SIMPLY ROCKS”.

Room Tip: A high floor, ocean front would always be the best (we were in an ocean front corner unit this time...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Texascowboy3600
Paramus, New Jersey
Reviewed May 11, 2013

First class all the way. Rooms are impeccably furnished. Beach is superb - powder white sand, calm warm water and ample chairs and umbrellas. Pool area is very nice - water is warm and very clean. Service at the hotel was excellent - everyone friendly and helpful. My only two minor complaints - checkout time is a bit early at 10AM and the free breakfast buffet could be improved. It is definitely not a cheap place to stay at, but if you like the best, this is where to stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a gulf view and watch the beautiful sunsets from your balcony!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank liquid8rkk
Midwest
Reviewed April 8, 2013

...when I'm paying close to a grand a night for their best accomodations, I expect a touch more class. At check-in, the desk clerk was snooty. Maybe some expect to have a nose turned up at them in expensive places, but that's not the kind of "class" I'm referring to. Wasn't a warm welcome, I'll just say. Getting past that, I was delighted upon entering our room. Gorgeous ocean view, spacious kitchen with two options for a coffeemaker, four bathrooms and one with a heated toilet seat. Our room had rooms that I didn't even expect! Everything you could see was very clean. Again, everything you could SEE was clean. We had to move the chairs at night to prop up against the balcony door since the lock didn't work. In doing that, we uncovered a bunch of old Mardi Gras necklaces, a couple balls and food pieces. I didn't even mind the broken lock or the junk under the furniture (or that big, nasty white, sticky glob inside one of the cabinets- don't even want to guess what that was) since I was really enjoying myself at this lovely place. Enjoyed the wonderful beach in the provided lounge chairs; had a fine swim in the pool; loved the cascading waterfall in the hot tub. The complimentary chilled water bottles by the beach entrance in the morning were a nice touch. There was a fire pit at night where some friendly folks were roasting marshmallows on skewer sticks. They encouraged us to do the same and get the "free kit" from the front desk. I did. I thought that was a nice touch on the hotel's part, too.

At checkout, I noticed a $15 charge on my bill. It was for the marshmallow kit. I explained that I was told it was free. That's when that same condescending desk clerk from check-in purred, "I'm sorry you were misinformed." I asked if it could be taken off my bill. Despite her glassy stare, I think she took pleasure in saying there was nothing that could be done about it. Now, I'm knowingly and happily paying a boatload to stay at this place, I don't think 15 bucks is going to break me, but it would've been a nice courtesy for them to remove the charge. That snobby desk clerk left a bad taste in my mouth. That encounter was what I was left with at departure; like finding a hair in your food at the end of an otherwise enjoyable meal. I did enjoy this place very much and would return on the hopes that that clerk is no longer employed there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
24 Thank RomeoTravels
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom plus den (sleeper sofa) over Easter week in 2013. We had a great time. All three teenagers enjoyed the location. They could walk to places (pizza, ice cream, 7-11, along the beach where their friends were) and we loved the amenities - pool, valet parking, breakfast, grills, tiki bar, cabanas, towels/chairs, etc. All the rooms are the same quality. We saved a few dollars and stayed in a room with a view of the village. Did not matter as we had plenty of space (and a great kitchen with a SubZero refrigerator, Wolf six-burner gas oven, etc) and we were walking the beach in the morning, out by the beach/pool all day, and then back on the beach for the sunset. Staff is great. Valet with covered parking is an extra special treat on Siesta Key beach. We will be back. Often! Overheard another couple from Ohio say "this place simply rocks!"

Room Tip: Any room is great. Save a little money and stay on the side opposite the gulf - rooms are the same...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank EllenC403
HSKB, General Manager at Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about the property and team members. We feel very fortunate for our location and team we have. We look forward to having you back on property for many years to come.
Bound Brook, New Jersey
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I just returned from a 5 night stay at this resort and loved every minute of it. The staff was amazing. They were super friendly and always willing to offer a hand or advice, remembering me and my party throughout the entire stay. The condos are amazing. By far, the nicest I've stayed in with all the comforts of home and then some! Large comfortable beds. The master bedroom was so spacious and had sliders out to the balcony. A master bath to die for with a huge shower and separate whirlpool tub, two sinks and a very large vanity area. We had a condo overlooking the beach and I spent so much of my time sitting out there enjoying the view, with coffee in the morning, a glass of wine in the evening.

They have beach chairs and umbrellas set up every day, free of charge. There are also kayaks and other various items you can borrow free of charge, including bikes for a nice ride on the beach.

I would probably say the only thing that would make this a nicer resort is if they had more options as far as food and drinks. I realize they have full kitchens but since we were not staying that long, we didn't bother to stock it with food, just a few necessities. They have a pool bar that is open only a few hours a day (weather permitting) and has a nice, but limited selection of lunch foods. I would have been nice to have it open much longer and maybe offer more options.

We did enjoy Siesta Key Village on multiple occasions, which has lots of restaurants and clubs, shops, etc. The only problem there is very limited parking, so we had to park several blocks out of our way. There is a lot of free transportation (working only for tips) on the island though that would be convenient to take there and back.

Overall, this is a fabulous resort and I hope I get the opportunity to enjoy it again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Bitsy822
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wonderful staff, very accommodating and professional in spite of my wife having a meltdown at the front desk. Beautiful facility throughout - no expense spared. Modern, comfortable, well appointed, but of course expensive. No restaurant as the hotel is a residence inn and so have modern kitchens stocked with all appliances and supplies that you could need to cook and eat a gourmet meal. Local restaurants were close by and good. Beach was beautiful, with cabanas and chaise lounges provided.

Room Tip: If money is not an issue, then get the ocean view rooms. The bay side rooms are fine, but the ocean...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
Siesta Beach Resort & Suites
#12 of 12 in Siesta Key
Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach

Been to Hyatt Siesta Key Beach Resort, A Hyatt Residence Club? Share your experiences!