“Much better than the cottage!!!!”
Review of Aaron's Fish Camp - CLOSED

Aaron's Fish Camp
Good for: Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ocean Blvd.
Description: Blu Que Island Grill and Bar offers smoked infused cuisine featuring hardwood grilled favorites cooked low and slow over hickory and apple wood. Blu Que Island Grill delivers the highest quality food and service. Our menu offers a vast selection of steak, chops, fowl, fresh seafood and authentic American barbeque… and of course, we didn’t forget the accompaniments: crisp salads, savory soups, mouthwatering side dishes and a delicious selection of home-style desserts are not to be missed. Be sure to compliment your meal with one of our specialty drinks, domestic and import beers, or fine wines. Happy Hour From MON - FRI 12 to 6 Live Entertainment Daily- see our calendar. Looking forward to ‘seating’ you soon! $12 BREAKFAST WITH BLOODY AND MIMOSA BAR SAT & SUNDAY
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We have eaten in several places during our stay in siesta key and this is the only restaurant we have visited twice , food was very good but the service could have been a little better , but that is being a little bit picky . We had four different mains and each one was very good , enough food and good value for money unlike the cottage next door .
Do yourself a favour ignore the reviews of the cottage and stop at the blu que far far better .

There are newer reviews for Aaron's Fish Camp

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Wanted to sit outside, but misters were making seats wet and area cold. Not a good food environment. Ate inside, had very poor service. Waiter never offered a second round of drinks even though every glass on the table was almost empty when food came. Food came out incorrect. Pulled chicken was good, but shrimp pasta was very bland. We are annual visitors to Siesta Key, and this will not be on our list for future visits.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We ate here for the first time this May during our annual trip to Siesta Key. It was Friday night and they had a young man singing which was not bad, it was not too loud as to make conversation impossible. We had a great server who was very attentive even though it was busy. I ordered the Friday night all you can eat crab legs for $50 and they were definitely the worst crab legs I had during our vacation and honestly did not taste fresh and made me wonder if they were frozen. My husband had the beef brisket which he liked. Perhaps next time I should stick to the BBQ side of the menu and will have better luck. We were seated outside and people were smoking which got a little overwhelming after awhile. We have children and we do not like exposing them to that much second hand smoke. I would recommend families with children either sit inside or go elsewhere if they are worried about smoke from the bar.

1  Thank Dr_and_MrsPLUStwo
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

my fiance saw this restaurant come highly recommended on here, so we decided to check it out. hostess asked us if we wanted to sit in or out, we decided that while we did like the live reggar music it was a bit loud. we went inside and sat in full view of many of the staff including the bartender and were not greeted. when my fiance finally politely asked the bartender if anyone was coming to greet us, the bartender said she was sure someone would be over and then went back to doing whatever she was doing (the bar was empty, so it couldnt have been that important). our server finally came and he immediately blamed the hostess for not telling him we were there and called her a "retard." regardless of your stance on that word, you dont say something like that about someone in order to shift blame. a simple sorry and a brief explanation would have been fine. the food was great, and it came relatively quick. my fiance got shrimp and grits and I got the special smoked prime rib for $15. the grits were very nice. the steak was a little fatty, but had good flavor and was prepared a perfect medium rare. the waiter then brought the bill and all was forgiven...but then our check sat on the table for 20 minutes with a credit card sticking out of it. on top of all this I overheard the bartender making snarky remarks about us to wait staff. its too bad the service was so bad because the food was very good. will probably not return.

1  Thank srqgallant
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I don't think you can pay a restaurant a bigger compliment than choosing to return the night after your first meal there. That is what we did. Yes, this is a barbecue joint, but the menu is eclectic and interesting, and the kitchen backs it up with outstanding food. I had barbecue the first night and a personal pizza the second. We shared an excellent salad. The drinks were first rate.

Live music is entertaining but not intrusive. The staff is unusually cheerful and friendly. Must be a good place to work. The Blu Que has a great vibe that matches the food.