“Read the menu carefully”
Review of Aaron's Fish Camp - CLOSED

Aaron's Fish Camp
Good for: Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ocean Blvd.
Description: Blu Que Island Grill and Bar offers smoked infused cuisine featuring hardwood grilled favorites cooked low and slow over hickory and apple wood. Blu Que Island Grill delivers the highest quality food and service. Our menu offers a vast selection of steak, chops, fowl, fresh seafood and authentic American barbeque… and of course, we didn’t forget the accompaniments: crisp salads, savory soups, mouthwatering side dishes and a delicious selection of home-style desserts are not to be missed. Be sure to compliment your meal with one of our specialty drinks, domestic and import beers, or fine wines. Happy Hour From MON - FRI 12 to 6 Live Entertainment Daily- see our calendar. Looking forward to ‘seating’ you soon! $12 BREAKFAST WITH BLOODY AND MIMOSA BAR SAT & SUNDAY
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Blu Smoke was sort of a let down. The shrimp pasta was very bland and the ceasar dressing was not good at all. And watch out, the ceasar salad comes with anchovies laying on top of the salad. Also, the food is incredibly expensive. On the plus side, if you are only after drinks, this is the place to go. Drinks are super cheap. So our suggestion is to eat elsewhere and get ur drinks here.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

We recently dined at Blue Smoke after a family member's wedding. #1-There is not enough space in this small restaurant to accommodate a large party (about 25 of us). The large majority of the food was ridiculously overpriced and it wasn't that great! One server took all of our orders after I asked to have someone help them (big no no). Appetizers didn't come out till the meals were served, some guest's beverages didn't come out till well after they got their meal. We clearly let them know how the checks would be separated but of course this got completely screwed up. The groom ordered a $24 steak and it came out the size of a small plum. NO JOKE!! He didn't even eat it. I really had high expectations for it but I would not go back to this restaurant and would never recommend it to anyone. The one positive thing I can say is they did let us bring the cake in and they even cut and served it. The server tried really hard but should never have taken such a large party on by herself.

1  Thank jenlthomas
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I just love this place, the food is amazing, The steak is one of the best in town, even the Grill cheese rocks...Everyone is so friendly that works there, Everytime I have gone here for dinner or drinks I always meet new people and everyone is just so happy...The LIVE entertaiment/Music is different everynight and always so good...The owner is always there and always friendly and making sure his customers are having a good time..HE LOVES to buy shots for everyone at the endof the night..THE BEST Dessert shots ever, I would say if you are visting Sarasota you MUST stop in for dinner or one drink and see what I am talking about...( I bet you will have more then one drink thou, you never want to leave )

Reviewed July 18, 2011

The drink prices are good, but the margarita on the rocks I ordered could have been consumed by a child due to I am not sure there was any tequila involved. The home made chips with the blue cheese sauce were good. I had the Kobe burger and it was in the top 5-10 I have had. Wife had a salad and it was good. Was NOT happy with service. Took over 10 mins. for server to come to our table and they were not all that busy. Wife and I ran out of drinks more than once. Server not only didn't bring our drinks, but after he took our order we did not see him again until it was time for the bill. Someone else had to bring refills on drinks. Come to think of it, after he said he was going to get bill someone else bought it to us. Would have given 1 out of 5 on service but for the servers were at least nice.
We sat outside because we thought it would be nice. The "ventilators" referred to by another are nothing more than fans. No, they do not make it any cooler. I was suprised by the lack of air flow with so many fans running. The two thousand flies were another story! We had to eat with one hand and wave off flies with the other, but I guess that is part of eating outside sometimes.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

This place was awesome when it first opened. We went at least 2 times a week and always took family and friends when they would visit. Since about Holiday time 2010 the food quality has consistently gone downhill until our last time there in April, when out of a party of 6, 6 meals were horrible and they didn't appear to give a damn about it. NEVER AGAIN! I'd rather have a pressed cuban from the 7 / 11 on the next block than pay too much for too little ever again. We'll wait until the next owner - which is inevitable - and then we'll try again.