“Poor service and poor seating”
Review of City Pizza

City Pizza
Ranked #28 of 43 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed July 7, 2011

After a seven hour trip to Siesta Key, my husband and I decided to hit up one of tue top twenty restaurants and pizza sounded great after a long drive. However, we were greatly disappointed. We were seated up against a half wall and then another couple was seated beside us about four inches separated the two tables. My drink was served with pizza sauce on the inside of cup and when a second was brought out there was paper floating in it. Our salads nor pizza not came as ordered. The waiter did not offer an apology. We will not return.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Wife and I stopped in for a snack as we were staying in a small resort across the street. I had two slices of pizza mushroom and pepperoni and wife had an order of calamari.

The pizza was over cooked and the mushrooms were throw on top as an afterthought not cooked with the slice. Ditto for the pepperoni.
Wifes calamari was excessively breaded.

The only reason we didn't send the food back is that the waitress was very sociable.

Don't waste your time on this one.

1  Thank memphisblue44
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The crust was burnt. I ordered one pizza with shrimp and clam toppings. Hardly any shrimp, no clams were visible or tasted. The other pizza (Sicilian style) had very burnt crust. Totally unacceptable considering the high price tag.

1  Thank value-one
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Went their for breakfast as it was within walking distance from our resort. I think they only serve breakfast during the "season" according to the waitress. Food was a little better than average..nothing special..price was okay...service was SLOW considering there were only three tables occupied. We did get a lot of food for the money, but it was just slightly above average as I said earlier. Did not try the pizza, maybe next time we go to Siesta Key.

Reviewed March 31, 2011

Ordered a large and a small. Pizza was average but location is dark and gloomy. They have a sign posted " Help Wanted" and they do need help in the "people skills" area. Not bad but ask about the special when you call before you order.