“Best Time ever even for fearful folks. Total professionals!”

Siesta Key Watersports
Ranked #4 of 19 Tours in Siesta Key
More attraction details
Owner description: Parasailing, Jet Ski Rental, Boat Rental as well as sight-seeing tours, dolphin encounter tours, sunset tours and even private "you name it" tours. We are located just East of the Stickney point drawbridge which goes onto Siesta Key from Clark Road. Parasail riders can be any age (5yrs-105yrs)and you can fly together with friends on up to 1200' of line. We have a perfect safety record with 26 years experience and US Coast Guard Master Captains and USCG Inspected and Certified Boats. Jet skiers can cruise our new Yamahas anywhere they like and only need to be 16yrs old to drive. Each jet ski holds 3 people. Our rental boats do not have a restricted riding area. Also, most boat rental companies require you to come in by 4:30pm, but we let you stay out till 6:00pm and WE will fuel it up so you don't have to wait in line at the pump during your rental time. Dolphin Watching Tours and Sunset Tours (Free beer and wine) Daily on our new 30 passenger tour boat with bathroom and shade!
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My friend fears water and boats and heights..yes..but we went and had a fantastic time! All the crew were professional and fun and even made a little fearful boy smile from ear to ear once he lifted off. We had rough water so had to stay in the bay but they were thinking of all of us and not wanting people to get seasick so kept us in the bay. Glad they did, it was gorgeous! Captain was totally professional and 1st mate and Captain worked together like dance partners when grabbing the sail and just checking everything. They told us ahead of time to bring good sunblock and to expect 2-2 1/2 hrs on the boat so I don't know how anyone would get sun poisoning if they prepared. We got soaked and cold from sea spray but it's a boat..on the water..it's going to happen! We had parents as ride-alongs with their kids and the smile on their child's face was priceless! Thanks for such a great time, great professionalism and just an overall great, fun experience! I will be back for sure and will bring everyone I can! My 70 yr old mother in law rode with you 2 yrs ago and loved it as well. Thanks again guys!!!! P.S. We were totally amazed at how easily you lift off and how gently you just pop us back onto the deck...fabulous!

Reviewed April 4, 2014

My kids were on the same boat as Kyle H that broke down. My kids got to go on their turn but then had to wait an extra hour and a half while they tried to get their act together to get everyone back to shore. I understand these things happen with boats but no one communicated with us as to what was going on and when my daughter borrowed someone's phone to call me from the boat that was the first I had heard about it! I went to ask the ladies in the office and they were totally uninformed as well! My daughter ended up with sun poisoning from sitting out there so long AND they still charged us for the parasailing!! Everyone acted very cavalier about the whole thing... What a shame. We had researched and heard they were the best with the best safety record and then they totally mismanaged this situation prompting this review. Word of advice.... Don't act like its no big deal when parents entrust their children to you and they are out in the middle of the ocean for more than an hour on a non-working boat. It IS a big deal to those who are not used to the ocean. One person coming out and standing with the concerned parents, continuing communication and a nice half price discount would have been all it took to keep this review off of trip advisor...or better yet would have prompted a nice positive shout out...think about it! Business 101.

5  Thank DeannaNaperville_IL
captodie, Manager at Siesta Key Watersports, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Deanna, please accept my apology for the boat breaking due to a blown fuse in the fuel pump circuit. I wish we could have diagnosed the problem immediately and been on our way within minutes. We dispatched our manager immediately upon hearing about the loss of power. In our location, it takes 30 minutes to reach the bay, where he put all the passengers on his boat and brought everyone back. We could not have done it any faster and the entire parasail trip took 35 minutes longer than a normal trip. By the way, the manager is that person who would have normally been available to stand with the concerned parents and continue communication. It is obvious from your scathing review that we did not do as good a job as we would have liked in communicating with you and we will work to improve that part of our job. We would have offered you half priced rides, but we did not charge you at all. If you have other ways you feel we could run our business better, I would love to hear from you at skwsports@gmail.com Dave

Reviewed April 3, 2014

on our last full day of florida, we decided we needed a few more hours out on the water. called siesta key watersports late morning and were lucky enough to charter a two hour boat with brad. saw dolphin, all the beautiful homes of siesta key, shelled on the sandbar and just relaxed on the water. thanks brad!!!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

5 stars! I took my mother on a dolphin cruise in Sarasota earlier that morning~ it was so so. It being her last day of vacation I convinced her to go parasailing! Ben and Omar were GREAT! The ride out was wonderful! They were very gentle and kind to my mother. We told them about the dolphins we saw earlier and saw some on our way out to sail. On the way back they gave us a memory of a lifetime! We saw 4 dolphins whom ended up following our Boat!! It was the coolest experience EVer! Way better then the cruise we had taken earlier in Sarasota Marnia. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I would recommend siesta key watersports for anyone looking for a beautiful sunset dolphin trip on the water. I went last week and got the most amazing pics of dolphins on our tour. Who needs sea world!?!? Thank you guys for the awesome time!