Crystal Sands #308. Beautiful condo with a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
60' Flatscreen tv.
Master bedroom.  New mattress/box spring, carpet, shutters, sliding door and decorations.
Master bedroom looking into Master bathroom/closet area
Master bedroom.  42' flat screen tv
2nd Bedroom.  All new paint, new furniture, mattresses and box springs.  40' flat screen television
Bedroom #2.  New Queen bedroom set.
2nd Bedroom.
Dolphins are sited on a regular basis swimming in front of Crystal Sands
View of Crystal Sands looking toward the Gulf of Mexico
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
travbugg
“Great Location on Beautiful Siesta Key, In Need of Some Updating”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
people found this review helpful

The view from the lanai of Crystal Sands unit 308 is amazing. It was great to go down the elevator and walk right out on the sand. I also appreciated the security the building offered by needing a key after 5pm to enter. This unit's lanai overlooks the beachfront pool. During spring break week it was very loud as groups of kids hung out in the pool area late at night. The bed in the king room was very comfortable, the twin beds were okay. The description of the condo states newly tiled and recently updated. The tile floor throughout the condo was newer and nice. Both bathrooms are in poor condition. They were in need of a paint job (peeling paint on woodwork) and a good cleaning. Although the condo states it sleeps 6, there are only enough chairs to seat 4 at the table to eat. The kitchen cabinets were "tacky" from something sticky that appeared to be covering most of them. The kitchen had the basics, not a lot of extras. Not a plastic cup or plate in the place. It was very nice to have the washer/dryer in the unit. The living room was adequate, older furnishings. This was our first time to Siesta Key - this may be the condition of all the condos in the area in this price range. I do not think we will be returning to Crystal Sands in the future. Because the building has so many units, the beach is more crowded than other areas. The beach chairs were all taken most days by 9:00 during spring break. The booking process with Jim was very easy and because of the last minute booking he rented to us for less than the 2 week minimum.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location of Crystal Sands #308 cannot be beat. Right on beautiful Crescent Beach
Liked least: The kitchen and baths are in desperate need of some updating/painting.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Apr 7, 2013
Hi travbugg,

Thanks for your visit and thanks for taking the time to post your comments! I think overall that your comments are pretty fair and I appreciate your positive comments very much. Please let me respond to some of your points… Spring Break is crazy on this whole island, Crystal Sands (like other condos) hired extra security to try and hold the partying down, but I guess you’re saying it didn't help much. But most of the rest of the year it is quiet after 9pm when the pool is closed.

Baths: both have newer vanities and granite tops, and are fairly newly tiled and the tub is new. Yes in both baths, at the very bottom wallboard (in one small corner area) there is a small paint peal. I will be having them repainted during the off-season. (Although I’d say describing them as both poor is perhaps an overstatement, but I respect your right to comment as you see it).

I was not aware that the newer Kitchen cabinets need a good cleaning, and I will also address that. In general I do not provide plastic plates and cups, but (honest) there was a whole package of “Red Solo Plastic Cups” in the very top cabinet on the right, and I think I remember paper plates in there also.

Yes there are only 4 chairs at the Dinning table – but that is clear in both the pictures and video of the unit. Living room end tables, coffee table, and bookcase are older (tenants don’t have to worry they may mess them up) – while the Sofa, Love seat, and big chair are all brand new beautiful leather.

Crystal Sands (like any condos) has an extreme variety of units; we have some extraordinary units (where the owners get much more per week than you paid), and a few older units. I like to think my unit is closer to the top than the bottom, and a good value. I believe my pictures and video pretty honestly reflect exactly how my unit looks inside. FYI:next month I am installing a new 60” LED HDTV in the living room (and of course I just installed a 40” LED Smart TV in the bedroom).

Thanks again for sharing your experience, and perhaps you should consider another Siesta Key visit when it’s less crazy around here!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing