“Lovely Dinner”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The service and food were so wonderful that even though we only had two nights we went back rather than try another place. Javier came to the table to chat, everyone in the restaurant were very friendly and the food was just excellent.

1  Thank Cmosca52

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stumbled across this restaurant as we were driving through Siesta Key and decided to give it a try. The food was excellent as was the service. The menu is large with something for everyone. All the desserts & dressings are homemade by the owners wife. We really enjoyed our meal here and will definitely will return.

1  Thank tracyo6618
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I do not think this restaurant is that great for Peruvian food. They also tend to put gratuities on the bill without permission. As a local, I can assure you there are much better places in Sarasota to dine.

1  Thank Raplh E
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I live and work in Orlando, Fl. and fortunately I am able to visit Siesta Key about once a month, which I love. I have eaten at almost all of the restaurants there and in the surrounding area. This is my least favorite and the reason is the food we did not enjoy the food or anything about this dining experience. One of the dishes we ordered was chicken and believe it or not it was not a real chicken breast it was rolled chicken............I have lots of people who ask me about my restaurant recommendations in many states...........This is not a recommendation

2  Thank RebeccaR552
Reviewed August 20, 2012

While staying at Siesta Key, my wife and I had an early dinner at Javiers, a Peruvian restaurant of some distinction IMO. There were few diners at six p.m. (although I noticed the traditional Continental cuisine served at MIguels next door was packing them in to capacity.) We ate the ceviche, empanadas de carne, seafood and bean stew, veggie criolla with pasta, and Peruvian beer. Everything from the gratis bread and peruvian hot sauce starter to the last entre was superbly prepared, imaginatively spiced, and well presented. Service was exemplary, the right mix of friendliness and efficiency. The owner is most personable and ready to talk about his business and Peruvian food. With the discount they gave for early dining, I thought we had one the great restaurant bargains of our life. Wish we didn't have to drive so far to get to them, A+.