“THANKS FOR THE HONESTY”
Review of The Hub Baja Grill

The Hub Baja Grill
Ranked #8 of 43 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Hub Baja Grill has been serving up fresh Baja cuisine for locals and tourists alike since 2008. The Hub Baja Grill’s famous Grouper fish tacos, hand-made lobster bisque and other Latin American and tropical inspired creations are sure to exceed expectations of the most discerning palate. We offer indoor dining and a covered patio on the sidewalk. We offer live music day and night. “Fiesta Hour” runs Monday - Friday 11:00am to 6:00pm and features, $5 House Margaritas, $4 House Wines, $3 Well Drinks, $2 Domestic Drafts & One Great Time! LATE NIGHT FIESTA HOUR 10:00PM – Close with the same Great Prices 7 Nights A week! The Hub was awarded #1 margarita in Sarasota/Siesta Key by The Sarasota Herald Tribune in 2010. So come on down and find out why we really are “The Hub” of Siesta Key and Sarasota!!
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I ate at this place in April 2013 and was looking for some good Mexican food. The good Mexican food was not to be but the waiters were nice. Here is what happened. I ordered the Pollo Veracruz- they said it had a 'ligh creamy sauce with a bit of cheese.' When it arrived I looked at it for 10 seconds and I think my cholesterol soared by about 50 points!! It was so think and inundated with cream/cheese/muck (you pick one) it was basically inedible. I 'played' with it awhile, then asked for the check. I told the waiter the Pollo Veracruz was non edible and he said something about "You should have told me sooner." I expected to pay for it and then to leave. (In my book food is never guaranteed and neither are good restaurants.) But he returned a few minutes later and just said "You can go, there's no charge. Hope you return and try something different next time." So I thanked him, left a three dollar tip (all my singles) and got some ice cream. But I have to say- the guy was cool, and I'm sure management approved of his decision. So thanks guys and maybe I'll try something else if I'm ever around. And all of you out there- give this place a try. Just DON"T order the Pollo Veracruz!!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Lauren and Will waited on us today at the bar before we hit the beach. They were absolutely wonderful bartenders with great personalities. I ordered the Siesta Key Salad, which is always the best, and the pomegranate margarita was just as great. The live music was fun, along with the atmosphere. Overall every time I go I always love this place and the service. It's consistently an excellent restaurant.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great menu, fabulous cocktails, good food, good music playing and overall would recommend. Visited in April with my sister and cousin. The margaritas were excellent and pretty. It is in the little village of Siesta Key. We were staying on Turtle Beach so we had to drive there but certainly walking distance if you are staying closer to town. I had Mexican which was great. My cousin had seafood. There is something for everyone here

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Order the chicken chimichanga.. There was very little chicken in it. It was very dry. Husband had the fish tacos. They could have been better. The margarita was watered down. Ordered the pitcher to share with friends. Didn;t give us margarita glasses to drink out of. Said you only get a margarita glass if you order a single drink. Service and staff were good. Food was just average.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Really good food and good atmosphere. We were celebrating our 40th anniversary and we asked the waitress if she would take our picture. It turned out a little dark so she said she would go outside on the sidewalk and take the picture again so it would turn out. SO nice of her! We had such a nice dinner. We would certainly go there again!