“Kayaking breathtaking”

Siesta Key Bike and Kayak
Ranked #7 of 17 Tours in Siesta Key
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We were in the area a year ago and found this, but didn't have time to rent kayaks, so we planned to go there this year when in the area. What a great time we had. We were able to rent kayaks for $28 for the day, very reasonable. We also had a very tall person with us..he's 6ft 8in and they were great and converted a two person kayak into a one person so he could enjoy kayaking as well. This was a first for our big guy. We loved kayaking around the island, saw lots of wildlife including stingrays, fish, birds, water snakes etc. We are looking forward to another day of kayaking again next year when we return to the area.

2  Thank sissybabe
There are newer reviews for Siesta Key Bike and Kayak

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We rented 2 bikes for 3 days. Staff was helpful selecting bikes adjusting seats. Rode the bikes daily around the Key. The roads have bike lanes, all flat roads. The bikes come with baskets and locks, making it a great way to explore Siest key

3  Thank katie r
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were hunting for a good kayak rental on Siesta Key, and a beach chair guy suggested Siesta Bike. What a great tip! We walked in, and we were all set to go within 10 minutes. When we arrived at the launch location, our kayak was waiting for us. Included PFDs, a dry bag, paddles and a laminated map of our route. We enjoyed paddling around the mangroves and Little Sarasota Bay.

The only way this could have gone easier is if the kayak paddled itself. Kudos to Siesta Bike and Kayak to making things easy, inexpensive, and adding to our vacation. We will CERTAINLY be return customers.

4  Thank Roadside_US
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I just came back from tenth year of renting bikes from Renee & Scotty. It’s nice when you show up only once a year and they know you by name! Friendly, efficient, and diligent, I’ve only had good experiences with my bike rentals.

I did have a couple of problems a few years ago with a bike that made strange noises. I had to go back a couple of times and Scotty did more than his efforts to get the bike running quietly. As a person who always wears a helmet, it’s a good idea to remind them that you want one when you rent. As their reputation has grown and the business increased, they ALMOST didn’t have a helmet for me when I showed up! Somehow, Scotty pulled the proverbial rabbit out of the hat and found me one a couple of hours later when I was ready to do my bike ride. Whew! One can always judge a business when there is a problem and they step up to the plate to work with you.

This year they had a brand new helmet and bike for me. That was wonderful. As they are a bike store, they offer accessories you may need to purchase. When renting a bike, you can always get a bottle holder and a rack to hold your stuff. They also provide a lock/key.

I also did the kayak tour a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed it. I don’t know if Lance still does them or not, but he was awesome. I hate to admit to being a klutz but I am. He was very patient in explaining and showing me how to navigate the kayak through the mangrove tunnels. I would have done another tour this year but the weather was either too windy, cold, or rainy. Ugh! However, I managed to get a bike ride in every day I was there.

Rates are always reasonable. There is another store within walking distance. I always enjoy conversing with the owners when they’re not too busy with the line of customers that always seems to be in the store.

1  Thank ABW401
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is really a friendly and service oriented establishment. We vrented 2 double kayaks for 2 couples. The staff gave us good service and information. The pricing was good. They delivered the kayaks to the launch area (a 10 minute drive), unloaded them to the water's edge and provided laminated maps and dry bags (for wallets, watches, etc.). The paddle thru the the mangroves and out to bird island was fun and interesting. The layover at turtle beach on the way back was just right for relaxing and shelling. At the end of the trip, a call to them was enough. We didn't have to wait for them to come and pick up the kayaks. All together, an enjoyable experience.

3  Thank Dan M