“Best beach!!!”
Review of Siesta Beach

Siesta Beach
Ranked #2 of 30 things to do in Siesta Key
More attraction details
Owner description: Public swimming beach known for its clean, hard-packed sand.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 18, 2014

As a resident I wish that we had preferred parking. It was so busy at 10am that we almost didn't get a parking spot. Love the beach though so it's worth it. Love the concession area. We hope they make it a little bigger though with all the renovations

1  Thank wolfiejl
Write a ReviewReviews (6,653)
All reviews
in 225 reviews
"shells"
in 264 reviews

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is the prettiest beach I have ever visited. The sand is pristine and the water is calm and beautiful. The only drawback if the parking situation. This encourages us to turn it into a weekend visit at a hotel located on the beach.

1  Thank 405cherylr
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I can not say enough about this beach and the town surrounding it. The beach has pure white sand, soft as flour, just breathtaking. It is a gigantic beach. It is a long walk just to get down to the water once you get on the beach. The water temp was still somewhat cool, but not bad when we went. I do wish they would just provide chairs to sit on. You do have to pay to use them and then drag them down towards the water. The price was not too bad, $10.00 for the day until 4:30 p.m. You also have to put down a $5.00 deposit on each chair, which you get back when you turn the chair in. The sand is comfortable enough to lay on for most people. I have arthritis, so I really prefer the lounge chair. Plus you don't get so "sandy".
The shops are great in the area and the scenery, homes, etc. are very lovely to just walk or drive around looking at. It is a very quaint little Key that I love to visit whenever we are in Florida. Cheaper to stay in Sarasota and take the short drive over the bridge onto the Key.
I always hate leaving.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We have been toi Siesta Key 4 times now in the past 10 yrs and it's getting steadilly more busy as time goes on.
The beach is fantastic, stays cool underfoot, and is the fineest quartz sand you'll find, but be warned, that fine sand will get everywhere, especially delicate mototised things like camera zooms etc. so suggest you keep them in sealed bags when not using.
I love snorkling around the 'point of rocks' end of the beach where we usually rent a property.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is a wonderful and most beautiful place but it sure is busy. We visited over Easter break and this beach was extremely busy. The beach is huge when traveling with two families and small children, it was not always easy to find a place and we were not able to walk too far. The kids loved the fine sand and the gentle waves and we even saw a Matinee and a Dolphin. There was also some sort of flying fish that the kids just loved to try and find. It was interesting to note that there were other families that were taking star fish home with them and they were still alive. I would be almost certain that these are protected and there should be some additional signage to let people know not to do this. This is the same as the sea shells, we saw people taking buckets of sea shells home with them. This may be allowed but I would suspect that there should be limits placed on this. All and all a wonderful time!