“Beautiful white sand”
Review of Siesta Beach

Siesta Beach
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Siesta Key
More attraction details
Owner description: Public swimming beach known for its clean, hard-packed sand.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Yonkers, New York
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Beautiful white sand”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Spent the day there and was very impressed. The widest longest beach have ever been to, truly beautiful. Even when it rained no one left, the water was spectacular. I highly recommend this beach, will be back there soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Great Family Beach!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

What an awesome beach!!! The sand is like powder and the water warm (at least when we went in June). As a public beach, there are crowds to deal with but not to the point where you can't find your own place to lay a blanket or pitch a tent. The Sunday evening drum circle is fun and entertaining.

Conyers, Georgia
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Bring your own chairs & umbrella!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Siesta key beach is always pretty even after the recent storms. We have visited here several times and always enjoy our visit. The public parking lots do fill up early even on weekdays. My number one complaint is the chair rentals. The price for 2 chairs and an umbrella was $52. If you return your rentals by 4pm you get $15 back making your rentals & $37. The guys running this operation lacked manners and an air of professionalism to say the least. I bought 2 chairs and an umbrella at cvs and gave them away at our hotel as we were leaving to go to the airport. I paid their overly inflated prices only one day of our trip. The upside is the public parking is free!

1 Thank Tommy M
Farmington, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very nice but very crowded.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Pros: Visited on Father's Day, everything you have heard about the sand is true. It is light grey in color and is very fine. It also does not get hot, which was nice. The beach was very crowded when we got there, but it is so large you can still find a place for yourselves. They do have bathroom facilities and concessions and there were vendors renting umbrellas and chairs. There are also lifeguards who I saw in action when someone collapsed on the beach and they seemed very good.

Cons: Parking, parking, parking. While I applaud the fact that the parking is free the lot fills very quickly so get there early. There is little to NO other parking nearby, even if you are willing to pay. We had to drive around the parking lot with 50 other cars just hoping to get lucky and have someone leave while you were going by. For such a large beach I thought the restroom facilities were lacking. Two stalls and two urinals, and no changing areas for a beach that had literally a thousand people on it is disappointing. Charge a few bucks for parking and use the money to build better facilities.

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“My Favorite Beach!!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Siesta Key Beach is my absolute favorite beach ever. The sand is awesome so soft and fine. The water is extremely blue and clear. At sunset local bongo players come out and share their beautiful music while the sun is setting. Siesta Key will be one place I will continue to return to and make ever lasting memories with my family.

Visited May 2013