“Clean, cool white sand.”
Review of Siesta Beach

Siesta Beach
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Siesta Key
More attraction details
Owner description: Public swimming beach known for its clean, hard-packed sand.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I never tire of this beach. Its the perfect place to relax, watch the sunset, or stroll along. You may even find some cool shells or sand dollars!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,391)

Reviewed May 9, 2013

One of the only beaches I go to when I am visiting my family in FL! Love the white sand! I can spend the whole day here. Love to watch the volleyball tournaments, play frisbee, or walk all day. We had dolphins swim right next to us last year! So cool!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was in awe of the white powdery sand and wide beach. The water was clear and turquosie blue! If you want to spend a nice sunny warm day in Florida on the beach this is perfect. I would say it is not very private so probably more perfect for families. The beach has great facilities for showering, bathrooms and buying that beach umbrella or something you forgot to bring to the beach. There is a place to buy food and free parking (get there early as possible on gorgeous days) and people were there to hand out free maps and guides to the area. I only got to spend an afternoon there but I would love to return for some more beach time and to explore the Siesta Key area.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

In looking at the 10 beautiful beaches you listed, I cannot believe Siesta Beach was not on the list. It is the most beautiful beach from here to Europe. Always heard about how beautiful the French and Italian Riviera beaches are. Then.........Visited both a couple of times. Obviously, they have never been to a beach like Siesta where the sand is white, never gets hot, and is absolutely gorgeous. Most all of the beaches in Europe are rocks!! People lay on the ROCKS!!! That is not what we call a beach here in Florida.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Our daughter got married on Siesta key beach - it is a lovely long beach with the whitest sand i have ever seen. Oddly enough it doesnt get hot too stand on neither does it seem to dry but the sand that does is like powder - very very fine. On the afternoon she got married it was raining so the beach was deserted but when we returned on a sunny day it was extremely busy with people waiting for others to leave so they could park there cars - even so we had an enjoyable few hours on this beach.