This is our third RCI exchange at this property and it is also the best unit we've experienced here because it's on the top (fourth) floor and therefore we can see the Gulf of Mexico a short walk from the building. It's a smoke free resort, meaning no smoking in the units or on the balconies. There are two areas reserved for smokers on premises. Also, beautiful Siesta Key beach does not permit smoking, by local ordinance, I understand.
Units have two bedrooms, two baths and full, well stocked kitchens. I would prefer a king size bed to the queens which are currently in use here. All timeshares have certain check out requirements. In my experience, most ask that you put all dirty dishes in the dishwasher and start it before you leave. Calini goes one step further, asking that you put the dishes away after washing, which means, of course, that you have to get them in the dishwasher early enough to have them finished and put away before check out time, which is 10 a.m. I found one dish in the cabinet with dried food on it and the same for one knife in the silverware drawer. I think maybe someone was in a hurry and simply rinsed the items quickly by hand and returned them to the cabinets. For that reason, I would prefer that the "put away dishes" requirement were omitted.
The area is very convenient, too. Across the street is a grocery store, large drugstore, gift shops and restaurants. Javier's is one of my favorites. City Pizza will deliver, and a Subway sandwich shop is on one corner. Anna's sandwiches are also in that small plaza. There's a post office in the back of the drugstore which came in handy when we realized yesterday that we hadn't stopped our mail delivery before we left home! Other fine restaurants are on this small key, making it unnecessary to drive more than a couple miles for a good dinner, if you want to minimize driving.
This resort is always a good choice for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxurious 1,300 square foot condominiums await your visit to Calini Beach Club. Two bedroom, two bath condos offer fully equipped kitchens, Roman Marble bath tubs, designer tile floors, three cable televisions, private verandas, central heat and air, private phones and laundry facilities on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Calini Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calini Beach Club Hotel Siesta Key
- Calini Beach Club Siesta Key, Florida