“Versatile - a great place for a quiet get-away, a family vacation, or a party week!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Siesta Key Beach Place

Siesta Key Beach Place
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

Small enough (5 cottages) to go with a group and rent the whole place. A nice little apartment with a kitchenette, living room, bedroom and bath, and a lovely pool just steps from the front door. A 30 second walk to the beach, close to the village, and close to Sarasota. Leslie (owner) is great, very helpful with insight into the best things to see and do and where to eat. We were there to relax, walk the beach, and eat seafood, and that's just what we did. Would recommend Walt's Restaurant-not the greatest in terms of location, it should really be on the water to be perfect, but the food is the best and the prices are good. The menu changes daily because they cook what they catch. Also the Mote Aquarium, the boat tour from the aquarium (If you're not a fan of nature cruises, it's worth it just to learn the history of the area and get a view of all the multi-million dollar mansions and yachts), and the Bird Sanctuary. Next time we will take the Kayak tour through the Mangroves, we definitely plan to go back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Windsor, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

The Beach Place is just yards from the beautiful white sands beach. You can borrow the bikes and cycle into the village or around the island on traffic-free paths. The accommodation is extremely clean and well-equipped, whilst being reasonably priced. Being small and intimate, makes for a relaxing holiday. You know Leslie will take care of everything for you. Your car's broken down? No problem, I'll give you a lift to the village cafe and by the time you get back the AAA man will have been, she said! And she was right.
We had a great time relaxing by the pool, making cocktails at the bar (fridge and liquidiser supplied), and barbecuing steaks. And we could stroll over the road every night to watch the sun go down over the sea. Heaven.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

We were looking for charm, a great location and pure relaxation. We found all of these and more at the beach place. My husband, 13 year-old daughter and I stayed in the Dolphin cottage. It was spacious with a full kitchen, king size bed and pull-out couch, an unending supply of clean towels..and on top of all this it was immaculate! Bikes, as well as some sporting equipment were available for use by the guests.

The beach place is literally seconds from Siesta Beach, the most beautiful beach anywhere, and about a fifteen minute walk to Siesta Village with numerous shops and restaurants, as well as a small market.

Leslie, the owner, deserves the hostess of the year award. Not only is she a wealth of information about the island and the surrounding area, she goes well beyond the norm to make your stay the best. She even phoned a friend of hers to arrange a tennis match for my husband, while my daughter and I enjoyed the heated pool.

The Beach Place was everything we were looking for and so much more. Can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

We were looking for a calm, peaceful place for my daughter's Spring Break while my husband attended a CME. This was a great place for us! It was impeccably clean and well stocked and was a great get away for our family. There is SO much to do nearby and Leslie did a great job of pointing us to places that worked for our family and needs. She know a great Greek place to eat! We definitely want to come back here again. The beach is beautiful and less crowded where we were and we enjoyed it every day, but the pool was perfect for my kids and nice and warm for me.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
vledderveen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2010

We spent one week in apartment Seahorse and we thorougly enjoyed our stay there. the apartment is very attractive with nice joyful colors and eyes for details. The hostesses are very hospitable and friendly. It is a nice small complex with a kind of family atmosphere which we liked very much.
It is a peaceful quiet place and you only have to cross teh street to be on the magical Siesta Key beach.
The apartment is clean and you can find everything you need.We would definedly come agani if we can!
Froukje Buma @ Jeroen Kuyper from the Netherlands

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2009

The Beaches Siesta Key is a cozy little get away that combines great location, great service and clean accomodations all minutes from Siesta Beach! On windy days when the sand was blowing on the beach we could still enjoy the relaxation and sun from the swimming pool area of our accomodations, the Coquina. The Coquina is adequately suitable for two people with everything provided to cook indoors or outdoors. The tiki bar and BBQ was a plus for entertaining some family members living in Siesta Key area and they were also impressed by the privacy of the property.
Leslie and her sister made everything easy right from the initial telephone call to inquire about space available to sending us all the pertinent information and directions to find the unit. At the end of our stay there we left a few items behind and Leslie contacted us by email to let us know and even mailed them back to us in Canada. She truly cares about her clients and treats everyone like family. There are extra towels, bicyles, and beach items all available for clients use. Our unit was an older style, but nicely decorated and clean which is most important to us. We would definitely recommend this private location in Siesta Key.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2009

I stayed at the Beach Place in the Dolphin Cottage for my 7 day solo vacation in early Nov. 2009. I found the proximity to the beach, value, and cottage accomodations just the perfect place for me to relax for the week. Leslie was a pleasure to deal with when I set up my reservations. We spoke on the phone and she also sent all the details, confirmations, and even perfect driving directions from the airport. The full kitchen in my cottage had everything I needed so that I could have 1 - 2 meals "in" every day, and go out to eat for the other. There was even a grill outside by the pool. I enjoyed a comfortable bed and a very clean unit. Siesta Key Village was a very short drive (maybe 5 minutes?) and had a number of restaurants, shops and even an island market if needed to pick up something quick. I did my initial grocery shopping in a Publix in Sarasota on the way in from the airport, before I drove across the bridge. It was very convenient way to get what I needed to start out. I will definitely be back to Siesta Key and the Beach Place on future vacations. Leslie and her sister take good care of their guests and I couldn't have been happier with my cottage! Oh, and don't worry about beach chairs, water/beach toys, bikes, towels or anything for your day at the beach. All those things are abundant and available without charge for the guests to enjoy. Thanks Leslie and Pam! I can't wait to return!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo