“Just bring your bathing suit, toothbrush and toothpaste!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Siesta Key Beach Place

Siesta Key Beach Place
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Just bring your bathing suit, toothbrush and toothpaste!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family of 5 plus small pet stayed at the Sand Dollar cottage. It was very spacious, had all the comforts of being in our own home. Fully equipped kitchen, plenty of clean towels and bed sheets. The perfect amount of furniture for what we needed, as far as 2 very comfortable queen beds and sleeper sofa in living room. Leslie provides free of charge beach chairs, boogie boards, sand toys and the beach cruisers which were a hit with my teens and self. The beach is just a few steps across the street. The neighborhood is quiet and clean. No party animals around that area, very safe for my children and relaxing. The cottage also has a pool so the kids had options for fun. This was our second trip to Siesta but our first stay at these cottages. My family agreed they liked it so much we would like to return in the near future.

Room Tip: the coquina is directly across the pool if you want closer access
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank d_m_c265

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Siesta Key is not a fancy palce, but for sure has everything you need to be comfortable to relax and enjoy a great vacation with a family. You have towels, chairs, bikes, etc
Place was clean. beach was across street, beautiful and amazing place is close for market, restaurants, etc.
My personal advise restaurants close early, but 10PM all kitchents are close, go early.
Thanks Leslie for everything, we enjoy it

Room Tip: looking for a place with privacy, not too many peopl
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dunbar, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were looking for a pet friendly, clean, place to stay near the beach & the village...our Beach Cottage was perfect...one of the cleanest places i have ever stayed & very cute...loved the pool & tiki bar just a few steps from our door & fully equipped kitchen, also just a very short walk to the beautiful white sand beach...perfect. The best treasure we found while there was Leslie our hostess/owner...she is a doll & took the time to map out all the best sights, restaurants, and things to do...Thanks Again Leslie for a wonderful trip ♥ Denise, Kevin & Boo Morris

Room Tip: Sand Dollar is absolutely perfect...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I rented one of the cottages on a spur of the moment, looking for a place of solitude and rest by myself to do my own thing while I tended to a broken heart. Leslie was very helpful in telling me all the local restaurants, even what's good on the menu, things to do, places to go. Being from the Tampa area, I invited three friends over for the day in which we hung out by the pool and talked about renting here again for a girls getaway in the future. Leslie treated my friends and myself as if we were not only guests at her rentals, but guests to her home. You don't need to bring beach accessories (towels, chairs, beach toys for the kids) as she provides all this for you and she has bicycles for you to use if you want to go for a bicycle ride down the beach and into the village, which I also did. I loved the walks on the beach, to Siesta Village, to the Point of Rocks, etc. I parked my car for the week and walked everywhere. I am definitely putting this trip into my "need to return again" files.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Robin2021
Montclair, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed for a few nights and overall it was an OK place to stay. If you expect moder furniture, decore etc. that's not a place for you. However, I was with 2 small kids and wanted to be close to the beach so it was perfect.
I need to say that the owner was very helpful before we arrived and once we got there. Also, she did not seem to mind our business at all.
The price was reasonable for a low season (we were end of May) but it seemed very expensive when I asked about the rates at the spring break (not worth it).
I would return for the location, not for the cottages.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dukielka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

In October 2011, we rented out all 5 cottages. Perfect place for our group. Great pool and outside bar. Kids loved the pool and short walk to the beach. Used the "tips only" golf carts to village and also walked to the village. Beach Place is close to beach and close to the Village. All the condos were clean and suited our family needs. Leslie was very kind, helpful, and offered much advice to our group.

• Stayed October 2011
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I were going to celebrate our first wedding anniversary in Siesta Key. I called all over the island for availability and it is true, availability was scarce. Someone suggested calling Leslie, so I did. So for a low price of $170/night, for Friday and Saturday, my bill would have been $380 with taxes and her booking fees (totaling $190.00/night). For that price I would have expected a clean updated property. I travel for business a lot, and stay in a lot of different hotels so for $190 price point I knew what I should be getting. The unit itself and the furnishings were so old and dingy, they appeared unclean and unsafe. A quick glance into the bathroom revealed old stained tile, and one small bar of soap was the extent of the bathroom personal supplies. My wife and I immediately left and checked into a hotel in nearby Sarasota. Prior to our experience, we had read the excellent reviews posted on TripAdvisor. We now question who is posting these reviews as they do not seem to reflect the true quality of the property. The location is not great, as you have to walk across the main road to reach the beach, and it is not close to any of the restaurants in the Village. One more thing about the location, the property was portrayed as quiet and secluded, when in reality it is located on a very busy and noisy street.. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple