The best thing about this property is its proximity to the prettiest part of Siesta Key beach and to the village. The property itself isn't "rustic" or "old Florida" - it's a total dump with many health and safety violations. The place itself wasn't clean and the dishes had to be re-washed because they were so dirty. There were roaches everywhere in the kitchen cabinets and drawers. There was a smoke detector holder but no smoke detector which is a huge safety violation. The refrigerator, A/C, and plumbing barely worked and the shower head is high enough to accommodate someone 5'5" at the tallest. We asked for assistance with fixing a broken item three times and were refused each time. The towels are thin and I saw the cleaning staff hanging them to dry so maybe they were washed but apparently not dried in a dryer. Gross. Now on to worst part of the property - the owner. He was unprofessional, aggressive, and rude. I see many other complaints about him here on TA and they are all spot on. I will never spend money at his property again and I suggest you don't either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you vacation at Beachpoint on Siesta Key, you create memories. The eclectic cottages of Beachpoint are only 100 yards from the pure white, sugary sand of Siesta Key Beach. BeachPoint Resort Cottages is one of the very few vacation rental properties with direct access to a private area of the beach accessible primarily by foot or bike. Locals love this quiet and less crowded part of Siesta Beach. Our unique hotel offers eye candy everywhere: colorful cottages set in tropical gardens with vivid flowers, funky local art, large open sun decks and shaded courtyards. Gather with new friends in the courtyard, sunbathe on a deck with an ocean view, or hide away in a shady nook for a quiet read. You are just steps from the water and a short 2 minute stroll from Siesta Village, so you may never need to move your car! In the village you'll find a variety of restaurants and several bars featuring live music. You can shop with the locals for everything from groceries to clothes and shoes, books, souvenirs, and even hardware. And there's a US Post Office right in the local drugstore. All the conveniences are easily accessible, but Siesta Key maintains a feeling of old Florida. Locals treasure our pristine beaches which offer a protected habitat for native island birds, as well as the dolphins, manatees and other aquatic wildlife living just offshore. And each evening, locals and visitors walk or bike to our special part of the beach to see the best sunset views on the key. Once you visit the Beachpoint Cottages, you'll see why so many of our guests come back year after year to vacation with us on Siesta Key. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Beachpoint Resort Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachpoint Hotel Siesta Key
- Beachpoint Resort Cottages Siesta Key, Florida