“RUDE!!”

Beachpoint Cottages
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Last night I called to to inquire about availabilty and rates for this resort and had the unfortunate experience of talking with Mike. This man is beyond rude. He was abrasive and unprofessional. He literally huffed and referred me to the website rather than answering questions about his facility.May explain why he has multiple units availabe for a prime location in July on Siesta Key. Needless to say I will be taking my business elsewhere. Be careful before you book and read all reviews. This in not the only bad review about Mike.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank iwilsek

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We've been to Siesta Beach 2 times in the past. We tried to get a room the last time at Beachpoint but they were full during our dates. So we reserved early. The resort is steps from the beach and Siesta Key Village. We parked our car and didn't drive it again until the day we left... Rooms are modern but beachy. The onsite staff are very friendly.. Can't wait to get back. We will be staying with beachpoint from now on!

1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I found this B&B on Tripadvisor and it is OK, I would come back if it was the only place left available in Siesta Key, but it's not. The property owner is not personable at all, he will walk by you and not even say hello. WOW that floored me because we decided to give him our business and the least he could do is be more cordial and ask if we needed anything or even just say Good Morning, however he has a "I really dont need your business" attitude which may work for him but traditional MAW and PAW businesses live on repeat business and if he is not at least cordial, people will not come back. I live in the Tampa Bay area and I am always looking for WONDERFUL places to visit. The property is filled with wonderful statues and a koi pond. The building is brightly painted with plenty of seating area's and they provide beach loungers, umbrella's, and beach toys for the kids. The best part of the property is the location it is steps away from the beach and SK village you can literally get there park and everything else is walking distance. The 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment that we rented was very nice, the kitchen had basic needs (which was awsome) but dont ask owners for anything because he will tell you if its there we have it if not we don't (WOW again not even helpful/accomodating), if it wasn't for friendly vacationers who rented other rooms to let me borrow what I needed, I probably would have left because of how the owner answered my needs.

3  Thank piercedout69
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is my very favorite place to stay on Siesta Key. I have stayed here numerous times with various friends over the years and have always had a wonderful time. It's a laid-back, casual, shabby-chic resort located just across the street (more like a tiny road) from the most beautiful beach in the state. Just a few short blocks from the village and you can walk to restaurants (Sun Garden and Lobster Pot are favorites), bars and shops or take the free electric taxi (they work for tips only).
Units are clean and comfortable with full kitchens and all the necessities. Games, toys, beach chairs, umbrellas are also available to guests free of charge.
The owner, Mike, has always been pleasant and accommodating to me and my guests. I would rather keep this "gem" to myself but felt compelled to counter the bad reviews!
I only took off a star because there is no pool, but when the Gulf waters are warm you won't miss it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I found this "gem" by searching on the internet.

Everything you would ever hope for on a vacation is right here!!!

Mike is so friendly and our Suite was perfect!! Everything you need to feel comfortable is here. The Suite was spacious and the bed was so comfy. The property is clean, and manicured with a "vacation" flair to it with bright colors and flowers.

Right across from the white powdery sandy beach (not hot on your feet!) and near the new "island" to swim to. Outside showers and chairs, noodles, coolers, etc to borrow for your beach time.

Can you say "Perfect"?

I'm already thinking about my next visit....hehe.

1  Thank Terry P
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We just got back from another wonderful vacation at Beachpoint Resort on Siesta Key. The location of Beachpoint is perfect - steps from the beach and two to three blocks from Siesta Key Village where there are several great places to eat and shop. Because of the location, we can park our car at the resort and walk everywhere we want to go. This is a real plus since parking is very limited in the village. The rooms are all different and are charming, comfortable, and sunny. Mike, the owner/manager lives on site and is an excellent host - always available to answer questions about the area or to accommodate guests' needs. One of our favorite features is the common area - a large area of decks and patios shaded by palm trees and planted with tropical flowers and shrubs. There are tables, chairs, and lounge chairs, and it is a great place to meet, read, or just get out of the sun for a while and still be outside. Mike provides grills for guests to use, as well as water toys and chairs for the beach. We are thrilled to have found Beachpoint last year - it is relaxing, low key, and literally steps from the #1 rated beach in the country. We're already planning our next trip to Beachpoint Resort.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CathrynAnn
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Rooms sub par for area. More like a motel than a resort. Owner is rude and not to be trusted. Amenities are non existent. Great view of some other motel.
To many great places in this area to have to deal with these people.

• Stayed: May 2012
#2 of 30 in Siesta Key
The Capri at Siesta
The Capri at Siesta
#3 of 12 in Siesta Key

Been to Beachpoint Cottages? Share your experiences!