“Great house”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

anitataba...
Ayrshire, United Kingdom
“Great house”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in February 2018

I had rented this house out for my partners 30th earlier in the year and what a house it is. From the very beginning, Iain the owner was very helpful with any queries I had ( I had quite a few). He was very informative regarding the area, local amenities and directions but to be honest we barely left the house all weekend as it was so lovely. When we arrived Iain's son let us into the building *side note* Iain and his family stay in a house beside the Church but this was never an issue and he reassured us that noise pollution wouldn't be a concern for them. It is a very impressive house which you can read all about in the welcome book when you get there. The whole place is decorated to a great standard and offer a plethora of beds for any guests (most rooms have an en-suite too).There is a great big open living area for everyone to socialise together - and if it's someone's birthday, they offer a complimentary bottle of fizz for the celebration which was a great touch. Another great highlight is the sauna just off the living area which was a real treat that was loved by all of our group.
This is a great house for any occasion or celebration and at such a reasonable price too. Definitely worth a visit!

Gingerbre...
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Weekend for friends 30th”
Reviewed May 27, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

What do i say about this place that hasnt been said already. Ten females spent a weekend here for a 30th birthday. Its an amazing place. Space is great for large groups. The church has been refurbished to a very high standard and the decor is lovely.No queuing for bathrooms or toilets as it has enough for everyone. If you want to just get away and chilax then this could be the place to come. A self catering place but wow its a great one. Would definatley recommend .

May 28, 2018
Thanks for the great review. I'm really please you enjoyed your stay.
laurau1
West Lothian, United Kingdom
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed May 13, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We stayed here for my sisters 30th for the weekend. When we arrived we were amazed at how beautiful the church was, such a relaxing place with everything you need for your stay and more.

Rooms were amazing plenty bathrooms it really is a stunning conversion and the perfect place for a relaxing get away!

We are already planning our next trip back!! Ian make booking simple and easy and was always available for any questions we had we will definitely be back.

May 28, 2018
Hi Laura,
Thanks for the great review and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Ken K
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Easter Family Celebration.”
Reviewed April 5, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

We hired the Church over the Easter weekend to celebrate my wife’s birthday. I had previously visited to look over the facilities & immediately thought it ideal – with most of the previous reviews/comments covering the layout & facilities very well. It provides a large communal space for entertaining, is well presented & has all the facilities you need for a great break whatever the weather (ours was cold, wet & snowy but we still had a great weekend!)

We used the local Chinese carry-out in Forth the first night then ate out the others using ‘Marys Taxis’ (which were very good). I especially recommend ‘The Last Shift’ in Braehead just down the road from the church – it’s a small pub/restaurant serving quality traditional food – service & food were excellent.

Here’s some further notes about the Church I hope you find useful –
- Towels, bedding, liquid soap & toilet rolls are all provided
- There is a large American-style fridge/freezer with its own ice-maker – ideal for thirsty visitors!
- The owners are great – responsive when you need them but give you freedom to get on with things yourself when not required.
- The coffee machine is temperamental so use the cafetiere, or bring some instant coffee, as a backup.
- There is a small stereo unit with Bluetooth connectivity but I brought my own stereo system and connected my Chromecast to the TV in the lounge and played music via this combination.
- We had an issue with the hot water & heating system during our stay which meant only one operational shower (the one in the disabled toilet) and no heating in either of the upstairs bedrooms. Due to the specialised nature of the system it could not be fixed at the time but the owner did his best to turn up the heating & switch on the immerser – we reverted to jumpers & throws at times but it did not affect our stay too much. The issue was addressed as soon as we departed & I’m told is now working fine.
- The Wi-Fi works a treat – easy to connect to & no bandwidth/dropout issues at all
- The master bedroom is large & spacious with a huge round window & countryside views – conversely the second upstairs en-suite bedroom is rather small.
- The full sized snooker table is great and has a set of pool balls as well as snooker ones
- As you can imagine with a church conversion there is plenty of storage space available!
- There is also plenty of outside parking
- Many thanks to the owner for the personalised welcome note & bottle of champagne which was there on our arrival - made us feel very welcome & a great start to our stay.

I hope the above helps and gives some practical information, feedback & tips.

Apr 8, 2018
Hi Ken,
Thanks very much for the complete and kind review. We do try and make this a 5* venue for everyone's stay, so its disappointing when we fall short. The heating system is regularly serviced, but on this occasion didn't deal with the substantial temperature drop outside well enough.
As you note its been repaired, and the following group have had no impact with a similar temperature drop. I am glad the problem didn't impact your stay too much and you still had a good time.
Thanks again for being constructive with your feedback.
Ian
P.S. If the coffee machine continues to misbehave I'll replace it.
Chlowan
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Excellent Holiday Home!”
Reviewed November 8, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Me and my family stayed Thursday to Monday at the church and we had a great time. The whole place is decorated to a very high standard and every room looked great!
The owners were there if you needed but didn't get in the way at all.
It's a nice place to stay anyway but the snooker table and sauna make it even sweeter! Would definitely recommend and will more than likely stay here again.

Nov 8, 2017
Hi Chlowan,
Thanks so much for the great review and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay.
rozzo999
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing holiday house!”
Reviewed August 24, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

What an amazing holiday house from a very well done church conversion! Very clean and spacious rooms. Outdoor space with lovely rural view. Sauna was easy to use. Large pool/snooker table.
We parked our car at the park and drive and took the bus into Edinburgh for the day. Very easy to find and very helpful bus drivers who answered all our questions.
We had 6 adults and 4 kids and everyone had enough space!
Hope to return next year...

Aug 27, 2017
Thanks for your kind review and I'm so glad you enjoyed both the building but also the easy access to Edinburgh.
I'd love to welcome you back.

OliverMee
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Jaw Dropping”
Reviewed February 13, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

I came here with some friends and when you walk through the door it is simply jaw dropping, all of the rooms are clean and tidy. Love the open plan living/dining/kitchen. The amazingness continues when you see that one of the bathrooms includes a sauna (which was definitely put into action) and then you walk upstairs and there is a full-size snooker table! The master bedroom with its circular window is a very nice space and altogether completes the church. What an amazing remodel from what it used to be! The owners themselves were very kind and helpful and I will be recommending this to all friends/relatives. Just hoping I can come back this time next year!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing