I had rented this house out for my partners 30th earlier in the year and what a house it is. From the very beginning, Iain the owner was very helpful with any queries I had ( I had quite a few). He was very informative regarding the area, local amenities and directions but to be honest we barely left the house all weekend as it was so lovely. When we arrived Iain's son let us into the building *side note* Iain and his family stay in a house beside the Church but this was never an issue and he reassured us that noise pollution wouldn't be a concern for them. It is a very impressive house which you can read all about in the welcome book when you get there. The whole place is decorated to a great standard and offer a plethora of beds for any guests (most rooms have an en-suite too).There is a great big open living area for everyone to socialise together - and if it's someone's birthday, they offer a complimentary bottle of fizz for the celebration which was a great touch. Another great highlight is the sauna just off the living area which was a real treat that was loved by all of our group.
This is a great house for any occasion or celebration and at such a reasonable price too. Definitely worth a visit!
What do i say about this place that hasnt been said already. Ten females spent a weekend here for a 30th birthday. Its an amazing place. Space is great for large groups. The church has been refurbished to a very high standard and the decor is lovely.No queuing for bathrooms or toilets as it has enough for everyone. If you want to just get away and chilax then this could be the place to come. A self catering place but wow its a great one. Would definatley recommend .
We stayed here for my sisters 30th for the weekend. When we arrived we were amazed at how beautiful the church was, such a relaxing place with everything you need for your stay and more.
Rooms were amazing plenty bathrooms it really is a stunning conversion and the perfect place for a relaxing get away!
We are already planning our next trip back!! Ian make booking simple and easy and was always available for any questions we had we will definitely be back.
We hired the Church over the Easter weekend to celebrate my wife’s birthday. I had previously visited to look over the facilities & immediately thought it ideal – with most of the previous reviews/comments covering the layout & facilities very well. It provides a large communal space for entertaining, is well presented & has all the facilities you need for a great break whatever the weather (ours was cold, wet & snowy but we still had a great weekend!)
We used the local Chinese carry-out in Forth the first night then ate out the others using ‘Marys Taxis’ (which were very good). I especially recommend ‘The Last Shift’ in Braehead just down the road from the church – it’s a small pub/restaurant serving quality traditional food – service & food were excellent.
Here’s some further notes about the Church I hope you find useful –
- Towels, bedding, liquid soap & toilet rolls are all provided
- There is a large American-style fridge/freezer with its own ice-maker – ideal for thirsty visitors!
- The owners are great – responsive when you need them but give you freedom to get on with things yourself when not required.
- The coffee machine is temperamental so use the cafetiere, or bring some instant coffee, as a backup.
- There is a small stereo unit with Bluetooth connectivity but I brought my own stereo system and connected my Chromecast to the TV in the lounge and played music via this combination.
- We had an issue with the hot water & heating system during our stay which meant only one operational shower (the one in the disabled toilet) and no heating in either of the upstairs bedrooms. Due to the specialised nature of the system it could not be fixed at the time but the owner did his best to turn up the heating & switch on the immerser – we reverted to jumpers & throws at times but it did not affect our stay too much. The issue was addressed as soon as we departed & I’m told is now working fine.
- The Wi-Fi works a treat – easy to connect to & no bandwidth/dropout issues at all
- The master bedroom is large & spacious with a huge round window & countryside views – conversely the second upstairs en-suite bedroom is rather small.
- The full sized snooker table is great and has a set of pool balls as well as snooker ones
- As you can imagine with a church conversion there is plenty of storage space available!
- There is also plenty of outside parking
- Many thanks to the owner for the personalised welcome note & bottle of champagne which was there on our arrival - made us feel very welcome & a great start to our stay.
I hope the above helps and gives some practical information, feedback & tips.
Me and my family stayed Thursday to Monday at the church and we had a great time. The whole place is decorated to a very high standard and every room looked great!
The owners were there if you needed but didn't get in the way at all.
It's a nice place to stay anyway but the snooker table and sauna make it even sweeter! Would definitely recommend and will more than likely stay here again.
What an amazing holiday house from a very well done church conversion! Very clean and spacious rooms. Outdoor space with lovely rural view. Sauna was easy to use. Large pool/snooker table.
We parked our car at the park and drive and took the bus into Edinburgh for the day. Very easy to find and very helpful bus drivers who answered all our questions.
We had 6 adults and 4 kids and everyone had enough space!
Hope to return next year...
I came here with some friends and when you walk through the door it is simply jaw dropping, all of the rooms are clean and tidy. Love the open plan living/dining/kitchen. The amazingness continues when you see that one of the bathrooms includes a sauna (which was definitely put into action) and then you walk upstairs and there is a full-size snooker table! The master bedroom with its circular window is a very nice space and altogether completes the church. What an amazing remodel from what it used to be! The owners themselves were very kind and helpful and I will be recommending this to all friends/relatives. Just hoping I can come back this time next year!