“Good food at a reasonable price”
Review of Blue Bowl

Blue Bowl
Ranked #11 of 12 Restaurants in Hanham
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Blue Bowl is a family friendly business. We offer delicious meals at very competitive prices. Car park is situated at the rear of the building, we offer a spacious outdoor seating area with comfortable seating. Inside we have ample seating & a children's play area. Reservations of any size welcome, please contact us.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This restaurant is very good value for money. Its family friendly so gets very busy early evening and parking can be a bit of a problem. The staff are friendly and efficient but there can be a wait at peak times. They do special offers on meals, even at weekends.

1  Thank Julie S

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently asked our local pub - The Blue Bowl in Hanham, to serve a buffet for 30 guests in the pub on a Sunday afternoon, as we wanted to celebrate our engagement with family and friends, but couldn't fit that many of them in our house ! We were extremely well looked after right from the start. Our buffet table was already prepared and an area set aside for us with extra chairs. We took a cake and some decorations. The food came out on time and was all delicious. The spicy chicken goujons were particularly popular, as were the mini desserts. We had a wonderful afternoon and many of our friends have been in touch to say how much they enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. We would definitely recommend this venue to anyone having a similar gathering.

1  Thank Rednovember
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I'm surprised by the reviews on here. We had a lovely meal and the staff were friendly and food hot and tasty. It's not haute cuisine but pub/family fayre reasonably priced. Would come again!

2  Thank eleanor_hills
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I don't normally write reviews... But it was so bad I honestly cannot recommend it to anyone! We sat in a window seat next to a radiator that looked like it's never been cleaned, with food and drink spilt down it...
I went to order while my partner took a phone call and by the time he had rang and finished his conversation our food had arrived- literally 3-4minutes!
I ordered FULL rack of ribs (there were about 6) my onion rings were raw and my corn on the cob tasted like it had been rolled around in soil! My partners chicken tikka masala would have been nicer if we brought it from Asdas microwave meal range!! Both meals looked like children's sizes!
We would have complained but no one asked how our meals were! It's safe to say we will never go again!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had dreadful service and a poor meal here this week. They left off one of the starters, it never arrived. The main meals came, two were mixed grills and one came with 2 sausages as advertised the other came with none! The children's meal looked revolting. The Eton Mess was 1cm of raspberry sauce with a few crumbs of meringue filled up with ice cream. When I asked where the fresh raspberries and meringue were as in the picture, the waiter came back and handed me a meringue in a bowl! Apologised that the kitchen staff was new to 'making' puddings.Not really that difficult! The waiters were not very on the ball, and we found the overall experience a let down.