“Horrendous!”

The Blue Bowl
Ranked #9 of 12 Restaurants in Hanham
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Blue Bowl is a family friendly business. We offer delicious meals at very competitive prices. Car park is situated at the rear of the building, we offer a spacious outdoor seating area with comfortable seating. Inside we have ample seating & a children's play area. Reservations of any size welcome, please contact us.
“Horrendous!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I don't normally write reviews... But it was so bad I honestly cannot recommend it to anyone! We sat in a window seat next to a radiator that looked like it's never been cleaned, with food and drink spilt down it...
I went to order while my partner took a phone call and by the time he had rang and finished his conversation our food had arrived- literally 3-4minutes!
I ordered FULL rack of ribs (there were about 6) my onion rings were raw and my corn on the cob tasted like it had been rolled around in soil! My partners chicken tikka masala would have been nicer if we brought it from Asdas microwave meal range!! Both meals looked like children's sizes!
We would have complained but no one asked how our meals were! It's safe to say we will never go again!

• Visited September 2013

bristol
“Won't be visiting again!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had dreadful service and a poor meal here this week. They left off one of the starters, it never arrived. The main meals came, two were mixed grills and one came with 2 sausages as advertised the other came with none! The children's meal looked revolting. The Eton Mess was 1cm of raspberry sauce with a few crumbs of meringue filled up with ice cream. When I asked where the fresh raspberries and meringue were as in the picture, the waiter came back and handed me a meringue in a bowl! Apologised that the kitchen staff was new to 'making' puddings.Not really that difficult! The waiters were not very on the ball, and we found the overall experience a let down.

• Visited September 2013
“Good place for quick meal”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Visited the blue bowl in Hanham for a quick cheap meal as couldn't be bothered to cook. For the money was good value. New ultimate plates ; bigger sized. New menu had good choice. Loads of choice.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank familysummerholiday
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went to the Bluebowl for lunch with family, fantastic value, Nothing too much trouble for any of the staff, would recommend..

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bennleonides
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Sunday Roast”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visited here with my 92 year old mum for Sunday lunch, we ordered it and within minutes it came. The roast potatoes were rock hard when you put your knife into them you had to make sure they didn't shoot off the table, the vegetables soggy, but there was plenty of meat on the half of chicken. We had a small gravy boat and didn't really cover much of the dinner so l asked the waitress if l could have some more, she said that l would have to pay extra and go to the bar to order it. I looked at the bar and there was too many people there so l didn't bother. What a rip off for a small jug of gravy. I have been here several times but this is the worst experience. Not sure if l will return. The waitresses were lovely and so the young guy who served me at the bar, no complaints there. I think this restaurant has gone down hill over the last six months.

• Visited June 2013