“One of the best!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Spotos Grill 131
Ranked #13 of 100 Restaurants in Seminole
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Torpoint, United Kingdom
“One of the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had an early meal with a good friend - the welcome, the service and the food was excellent! We shared a massive starter of Calamari ..... excellent portion and wonderful flavours! We both had delicious tilapia for our main course - it was so good! This will be one of my best dining memories ....... and I have a few from around the world! Our server - Richie - was superb and we added to the 16% tip - which was made very clear us on the menus and by Richie! We evgen spoke with the owner at the desk! A great end to my holiday!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Scotuk

“Great food, friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We've been here many times and frequent this restaurant on a regular basis. First few visits were ok, good food but average atmosphere. With the addition of Christi at the bar the atmosphere became very lively and welcoming. She is very friendly and engaging and treats everyone as a good friend. The food is consistently good, there is live entertainment each evening. Anthony is the perfect entertainer for Spotos. He adds a fun, classy element to the overall feeling of the evening. We love going here!

Visited April 2013
Largo, Florida
“Special Occasion Dining with Pizazz”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Six great friends made reservations on a Saturday night and after a nice drink in the bar area...drinks with plenty of booze in them, I might add...we were escorted to our table. From that moment we were treated like guests at the White House. Spotos wait staff's impeccable attention to detail made our experience truly memorable. I personally loved the fact that when one of the men ordered cheesecake for dessert, the waiter quietly put a fork down next to the man's wife. She was delighted.
The serving sizes are ample to the point that I brought 2/3 of my entree home for a couple more meals. Oh, those ribs were delicious...but after the complimentary liverwurst pate and crackers, a giant shrimp from my husbands shrimp cocktail, a delicious bowl of french onion soup and the house salad that came with my meal...it was too much. But I sure enjoyed those ribs for two more days! It's pricey, but delicious and the presentation is marvelous.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stephentown, New York
“Excellent restaurant with very friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went here for the early bird special and happy hour. What a great place to go. Great food and service and reasonable. Got plenty of food and the bread and olive oil dip was great. Can't wait to go back again.

• Visited March 2013
Winter Park, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent restaurant off the beaten path”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We found Spotos Grill 131 by accident. It is one of our favorite places to dine when we go to the Clearwater/St. Pete area -- almost weekly, I might add. The owners are totally hands on and observant down to the last detail. The service is exceptional and the food is outstanding. Spotos has a happy hour, bar menu, early dining menu and are open during the holidays (reservations are a must!!!). The bartenders are in a class by themselves and remember you as do the owners and manager. We have tried everything from their wonderful brie and fruit plate to the shrimp volcano, to the steak and lobster, pasta, soups and desserts and have always, always been impressed. We have taken my mother who is wheelchair-bound and the attention to her needs has been greatly appreciated. They have entertainment Wednesday thru Saturday starting at 7 pm and a small dance floor in the bar area. We've met the regulars and even the people who come every year during the winter never fail to resume their dining there. It is definitely on of the top, if not THE top locally owned restaurant in the area. I call it a "grown-up" restaurant but families are welcome. I dress up a bit as the restaurant is too nice to wear shorts or tee-shirts. Just my opinion. You will be impressed as we were. It can be pricey but we feel it is quite reasonable and of exceptional value. It is easy to get to and just a bridge away from the beach.

• Visited March 2013