“Special Occasion Dining with Pizazz”
Review of Spotos Grill 131

Spotos Grill 131
Ranked #16 of 105 Restaurants in Seminole
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Largo, Florida
“Special Occasion Dining with Pizazz”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Six great friends made reservations on a Saturday night and after a nice drink in the bar area...drinks with plenty of booze in them, I might add...we were escorted to our table. From that moment we were treated like guests at the White House. Spotos wait staff's impeccable attention to detail made our experience truly memorable. I personally loved the fact that when one of the men ordered cheesecake for dessert, the waiter quietly put a fork down next to the man's wife. She was delighted.
The serving sizes are ample to the point that I brought 2/3 of my entree home for a couple more meals. Oh, those ribs were delicious...but after the complimentary liverwurst pate and crackers, a giant shrimp from my husbands shrimp cocktail, a delicious bowl of french onion soup and the house salad that came with my meal...it was too much. But I sure enjoyed those ribs for two more days! It's pricey, but delicious and the presentation is marvelous.

• Visited April 2013

Stephentown, New York
“Excellent restaurant with very friendly service”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went here for the early bird special and happy hour. What a great place to go. Great food and service and reasonable. Got plenty of food and the bread and olive oil dip was great. Can't wait to go back again.

Winter Park, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent restaurant off the beaten path”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We found Spotos Grill 131 by accident. It is one of our favorite places to dine when we go to the Clearwater/St. Pete area -- almost weekly, I might add. The owners are totally hands on and observant down to the last detail. The service is exceptional and the food is outstanding. Spotos has a happy hour, bar menu, early dining menu and are open during the holidays (reservations are a must!!!). The bartenders are in a class by themselves and remember you as do the owners and manager. We have tried everything from their wonderful brie and fruit plate to the shrimp volcano, to the steak and lobster, pasta, soups and desserts and have always, always been impressed. We have taken my mother who is wheelchair-bound and the attention to her needs has been greatly appreciated. They have entertainment Wednesday thru Saturday starting at 7 pm and a small dance floor in the bar area. We've met the regulars and even the people who come every year during the winter never fail to resume their dining there. It is definitely on of the top, if not THE top locally owned restaurant in the area. I call it a "grown-up" restaurant but families are welcome. I dress up a bit as the restaurant is too nice to wear shorts or tee-shirts. Just my opinion. You will be impressed as we were. It can be pricey but we feel it is quite reasonable and of exceptional value. It is easy to get to and just a bridge away from the beach.

Largo, Florida
“Awesome/Extraordinary/Fabulous/Stunning”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The service by the bartenders is awesome. The live music is extraordinary. The food is fabulous and the decor is stunning.

You are missing out if you have never been here.

Tramore, Ireland
“Terrible service and hospitality!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Disgrace to Industry
We went for Thanksgiving dinner and had the worst experience of my life in a restaurant. The table wasn't set when we arrived: No placemats, silverware, menu's, glasses... NOTHING! The drinks we ordered took about 10 minutes to arrive, and then we had to wait another 20 minutes to order. When asked what we wanted, we all said 'Menu's?' We eventually ordered and the appetisers came out after we had been seated for an hour!! The pumpkin soup was bland and nobody finished it. We got turkey/ham that was microwaved and it was ok. After we had all finished our main courses, we were asked to vacate the table as we had filled our alotted time. 90 minutes, to eat, is finem but when you get the main course after 75! We left with our pumpkin pie in a box and a bad taste in our mouths. They put a 15% gratuity on our bill without telling us. We had seperate checks, for 3 adults and 2 adults/2 children. We were not informed of the 15%, they didn't deserve 15 cents! Terrible experience and it's a place I can't speak bad enough about... Maitre d', server, manager all should be ashamed of themselves. Enter at your peril!!!

1 Thank Killian1978