“Great place to stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Seffner
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had never stayed at a Country Inn & Suites, but chose one because it was close to the Strawberry Festival we were attending. Very nice place. Cookies in the lobby when we arrived and also coffee. Room was excellent, staff was very nice, and the breakfast was delicious.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side would be sunny
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CountryInnTampa, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review. I will be looking for you at Streawberry Festival time in 2014.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The hotel was a nice place to stay. The staff was friendly and courteous. The cookies were good, too. We stayed for 6 nights in two different rooms. We have 5 people (2 adults and 3 kids (3, 7, 10) and the first room got a little small for us. We had two beds and a roll-a-way in the first room and we upgraded to a suite for the last 3 nights (2 beds in one room and a sleeper sofa in another).

The rooms were very quiet. Couldn't hear the highway, kids in the next room, or the semi trucks at the truck stop next door.

The breakfast was the one let down. The waffles and oatmeal were good. The eggs had corn and peas in it one day. That is very odd to us. The potatoes were hard one day and the flavor of them was not good. The bacon was very thin and didn't have much flavor. Two days they had burritos. The tortillas were crispy and would break when trying to wrap the eggs, cheese, salsa, etc. One day they had biscuits and gravy. This was very good. The only thing I think they could have changed is having the biscuits already heated. Had to microwave the biscuits to soften them up (per their sign).

The breakfast also had multiple cereals, yogurt, bagels, muffins, and drinks (coffee, OJ, Apple Juice, Lemonade, water, and milk). My wife stated the muffins were "okay."

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: if you have more than 4 people, then get a suite.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the comments about our hotel. We are at the mercy of our corporate office on our breakfast items. We will forward your comments to the corporate office hopefully they will help in making changes.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have never stayed at a Country Inn before, and only did so because it is part of the Radisson family and found it on the Club Carlsson website. I needed a hotel for a few hours, we landed late at night into Tampa, and we planned to leave soon after breakfast the next morning headed for Orlando. I chose this hotel because it was on the route. It turned out to be in the middle of two or more truck stops. Would not have seen the hotel signs if I were not looking for it. It turns out, this is the perfect hotel for you if you land in Tampa but are headed out towards south or east Florida. It is right on the I-4.
We got there well past midnight. There was a nice lady sweeping the front courtyard, and it turned out she was the night desk clerk! The inn was sooo quiet, so pleasant, and soooo clean! This was the least "fancy" of the hotels we had booked for this trip, however, I feel that we got our money's worth here, at more than any other place. At breakfast, I expected the usual "out-of-a-box" variety. Was hoping to score maybe a banana, a coffee, maybe a yogurt. Instead, I found a waffle maker, that made the yummiest waffles I have had in a loooong time! They also had eggs and ham, with condiments so you could pick out your own toppings (cheese, onions), bagels, cereal, fresh fruit! Also the well-stocked vending machines were so inexpensive. My NY kids said "mom, why is it so cheap?" Drinks were a dollar or a little over, snacks were 60 Cents, 75 cents. I told them to hush and just say thank you, so used they are to overpriced vending machines! I am a Country Inn fan from now on!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I am so glad that our hotel has made you a Country Inn fan. I do hope than when you come back to this area you will chose to stay with us again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had never stayed in a Country Inn & Suites before but as I was not able to get a room at our first choice hotel, booked this. And what a pleasant surprise it was! Welcoming receptionist, decent coffee, cookies - great start. The room was a good size, but it was the bed - without doubt the most comfortable bed we have used in a hotel. The breakfast buffet was acceptable. All said, great value, and certainly a group we will look out for again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bristolpj

WOW...thank you so much for that outstanding review. I look forward to seeing you again when your travel needs bring you back to the area.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have come to count on Country Inns as reasonably good and reasonably-priced accommodations wherever we travel. And this one in east Tampa was no exception. The rooms are clean and quite well appointed and are offered at a price that seemed lower than expected - at least lower than several other Country Inns in the southern U.S.. Plumbing, television, windows, air conditioning, draperies, etc. all work as expected. The breakfasts are very good, with a nice selection of hot and cold options. I would really recommend this place if it fits your budget and location.

But, there is a bit of a "catch" - that being difficult access and distance to restaurants. The specific location makes it difficult to access by car - busy highway and off-ramps. And there is only one restaurant within convenient walking distance. Others are not too far away but require unsafe crossing of extremely busy streets and highways. To their credit they have a shuttle that is more than willing to drive you wherever you want to go. You have to call back and await the shuttle to pick you up. It's really very good service but if you simply would like to go for an evening stroll to a restaurant then this may be something to make you think twice.

I should also note that although located near busy streets and highways, the rooms are actually very quiet so road noise is not an issue.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the great review. We are located at a busy intersection with several restaurants that shuttle service is provided for. I do hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a difficult time finding your hotel. My GPS said I was at my destination and all I saw was a truck stop. Maybe a sign out near the road would be helpful. I actually drove through the truck
stop to get to the hotel. Well worth the looks from the truckers :) Very nice, clean, breakfast was very good as well. Everything was fresh. You were recommended to my by someone who worked at Quality Inn and Suites, in Zepherhills, Fla. I was very surprised at how nice it was.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

I am so glad that you finally found us. It would be nice to have more signs but county codes prevent that. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice hotel, friendly staff and the best cookies with M & M's .... coffee, tea in lobby.... very nice touch. Breakfast was very good. Definitely will go back. Right beside Cracker Barrel and easy access to Interstate 4.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review. The cookies are a great feature. When they are being baked at the front desk the smell just grabs you when you enter the lobby via elevator or front door. I do hope that you chose to stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seffner
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa East (Casino Area)
Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#77 of 163 in Tampa
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East? Share your experiences!