“What a pleasant surprise.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Seffner
Atlanta, Georgia
“What a pleasant surprise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had never stayed in a Country Inn & Suites before but as I was not able to get a room at our first choice hotel, booked this. And what a pleasant surprise it was! Welcoming receptionist, decent coffee, cookies - great start. The room was a good size, but it was the bed - without doubt the most comfortable bed we have used in a hotel. The breakfast buffet was acceptable. All said, great value, and certainly a group we will look out for again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bristolpj
CountryInnTampa, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
WOW...thank you so much for that outstanding review. I look forward to seeing you again when your travel needs bring you back to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Haliburton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have come to count on Country Inns as reasonably good and reasonably-priced accommodations wherever we travel. And this one in east Tampa was no exception. The rooms are clean and quite well appointed and are offered at a price that seemed lower than expected - at least lower than several other Country Inns in the southern U.S.. Plumbing, television, windows, air conditioning, draperies, etc. all work as expected. The breakfasts are very good, with a nice selection of hot and cold options. I would really recommend this place if it fits your budget and location.

But, there is a bit of a "catch" - that being difficult access and distance to restaurants. The specific location makes it difficult to access by car - busy highway and off-ramps. And there is only one restaurant within convenient walking distance. Others are not too far away but require unsafe crossing of extremely busy streets and highways. To their credit they have a shuttle that is more than willing to drive you wherever you want to go. You have to call back and await the shuttle to pick you up. It's really very good service but if you simply would like to go for an evening stroll to a restaurant then this may be something to make you think twice.

I should also note that although located near busy streets and highways, the rooms are actually very quiet so road noise is not an issue.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for the great review. We are located at a busy intersection with several restaurants that shuttle service is provided for. I do hope that you will stay with us again.
Westland, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a difficult time finding your hotel. My GPS said I was at my destination and all I saw was a truck stop. Maybe a sign out near the road would be helpful. I actually drove through the truck
stop to get to the hotel. Well worth the looks from the truckers :) Very nice, clean, breakfast was very good as well. Everything was fresh. You were recommended to my by someone who worked at Quality Inn and Suites, in Zepherhills, Fla. I was very surprised at how nice it was.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am so glad that you finally found us. It would be nice to have more signs but county codes prevent that. I do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to seeing you again.
Cobourg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice hotel, friendly staff and the best cookies with M & M's .... coffee, tea in lobby.... very nice touch. Breakfast was very good. Definitely will go back. Right beside Cracker Barrel and easy access to Interstate 4.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for the great review. The cookies are a great feature. When they are being baked at the front desk the smell just grabs you when you enter the lobby via elevator or front door. I do hope that you chose to stay with us again.
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed there one night to visit family and love this property. The staff is very nice and the rooms are very clean. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. The only downer was there was no hot tub by the pool. Hotel offers free shuttle to Hard Rock Casino which is a bonus. They also offer a Park/Cruise package for any cruising out of Tampa. There is a Flying J next door for drinks and snacks and a Bob Evans across the street. Very convenient to interstate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for great review. I hope the next time you chose to stay with us you can take advantage of one of the great pakcages we offer.
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My recent stay here was comfortable. The room was very clean and the staff was very helpful and pleasant. The only reason it received 3 stars is the location. While convenient to I4 and I75, it is boxed in by the highway, a truck stop and an RV campground, making it a very busy area. Also, there was a gap under the room door that allowed hall noises to sound as if they are in the room with you. This was quickly remedied by rolling a towel and placing it on the floor inside the door.

Two things are very important to me when I travel: A clean and comfortable bed, and a nice shower. This had both and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
CountryInnTampa, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. We pride ourselves on having a clean hotel. I look forward ro your next visit.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

In General, I like Country inns & Suites. I spent 8 days in this brand hotels this year, and 40 days last year in various hotel of this brand. The problem is with this specific hotel is that they like to frame people. I am 57 old, got to the hotel for 1 night, and 2 weeks later I noticed a charge of $200 from them. Calling them, they said I destroyed their closet. Well, I did not even open their closet that night. If that is the way they do business, I'll stop going to this hotel brand and I hjope their operating manager who framed me Debbie Correia will get fired, and she will learn not to frame innocent people to save some money to her hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank ymenczel
CountryInnTampa, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review Mr. Menczel. As you can see we have over a 4 star rating on Trip Advisor as many other travelers have had wonderful stays at our hotel. I do hope your attempt to slam this hotel on all social media sites works as well as you expect. I do so hope in the future to see you at our establishment.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seffner
Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa East (Casino Area)
Comfort Suites at Fairgrounds - Casino
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon
Quality Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East? Share your experiences!