New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Seffner
Gainesville, Florida
“Nice getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed there one night to visit family and love this property. The staff is very nice and the rooms are very clean. The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. The only downer was there was no hot tub by the pool. Hotel offers free shuttle to Hard Rock Casino which is a bonus. They also offer a Park/Cruise package for any cruising out of Tampa. There is a Flying J next door for drinks and snacks and a Bob Evans across the street. Very convenient to interstate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
CountryInnTampa, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for great review. I hope the next time you chose to stay with us you can take advantage of one of the great pakcages we offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My recent stay here was comfortable. The room was very clean and the staff was very helpful and pleasant. The only reason it received 3 stars is the location. While convenient to I4 and I75, it is boxed in by the highway, a truck stop and an RV campground, making it a very busy area. Also, there was a gap under the room door that allowed hall noises to sound as if they are in the room with you. This was quickly remedied by rolling a towel and placing it on the floor inside the door.

Two things are very important to me when I travel: A clean and comfortable bed, and a nice shower. This had both and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
CountryInnTampa, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. We pride ourselves on having a clean hotel. I look forward ro your next visit.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

In General, I like Country inns & Suites. I spent 8 days in this brand hotels this year, and 40 days last year in various hotel of this brand. The problem is with this specific hotel is that they like to frame people. I am 57 old, got to the hotel for 1 night, and 2 weeks later I noticed a charge of $200 from them. Calling them, they said I destroyed their closet. Well, I did not even open their closet that night. If that is the way they do business, I'll stop going to this hotel brand and I hjope their operating manager who framed me Debbie Correia will get fired, and she will learn not to frame innocent people to save some money to her hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank ymenczel
CountryInnTampa, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa East, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review Mr. Menczel. As you can see we have over a 4 star rating on Trip Advisor as many other travelers have had wonderful stays at our hotel. I do hope your attempt to slam this hotel on all social media sites works as well as you expect. I do so hope in the future to see you at our establishment.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My guests & i stayed here for my wedding at cross creek ranch. I can't say enough wonderful things about the wonderful staff! Rareley do i ever stay somewhere that the staff goes above & beyond to make sure you're happy. They allowed us to use their shuttle bus for free to go to the dallas bull, & gave us the entire breakfast area for a superbowl party. If you're getting married at cross creek you would be crazy to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so glad that everything went well with your wedding. It was an absolute pleasure having your wedding guest stay with us, everyone was wonderful. I am glad the breakfast room worked out for your Superbowl party. I hope that if you are back in this area we will see you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for an event we were attending at the Florida State Fairgrounds. It is not normally the level of property we choose to stay at however this was very last minute As we had to be at the fairgrounds very early in the morning.
My husband and I were both pleasantly surprised! The facility is extremely clean - That is our main concern, and the staff that we encountered were all very nice. Bed was comfy and fresh cookies and cofee were offered all through the night. It is only about a five minute drive to the fairgrounds so that was perfect. Would not hesitate to stay here again if we had to be somewhere in that area for the night.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank tlhighfield
Thank you so much for the great review. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit. The fresh baked cookies are waiting for your return!
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I consider this hotel my home away from home when I am in the Tampa area. I found this hotel when I had a family member at Tampa General and have been staying here, and at other Country Inns and Suites, ever since. This one is the “jewel” of the chain as far as I am concerned. The professional staff is the perfect complement to the excellent accommodations. I have never had any trouble with a reservation or a late check-in. The rooms are comfortable and well-appointed. I adore the towel animals. :-) The breakfast selection is very good and the breakfast staff work hard to keep things stocked and tidy. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for the great comments on our hotel. We try to make sure all of our guests have that WOW experience. I look forward to your next visit.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Have stayed more than once and keep coming back. Love the staff and the clean and comfortable rooms. The extras including baked cookies all day for the kids, coffee/tea for the adults, an impressive breakfast including hot items, shuttle service, gym, WiFi, mini fridge/micro and coffee pot in room and many others. Whenever we are in Tampa this is our chocie hotel even if it is a few extra miles of where we are visiting.

Room Tip: Have not had any issues with ground or higher level rooms facing norht or south.