“Clean, Comfortable and Nice”

Residence Inn Sebring
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Stayed here while attending a local wedding of a close friend. Was very clean and comfortable. LCD tv was nice. Kitchenette was very convenient. I believe this hotel is pretty new. The staff was friendly and the continental breakfast was of good quality. Would stay here again if I was in Sebring.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank TheReviewITGuy
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2010

Thank you for sharing your impressions of our hotel. We are glad you liked it and had a good experience with us during your visit, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

On our three-night stay the two of us were upgraded to a two bedroom suite – was the management prescient? The suite was more than adequate and having two bathrooms made the morning rush no rush at all. The kitchen was fully stocked with utensils for the most determined cook, but the living room area was disappointingly small with really only adequate seating for three – fine for us, but restricting for four or more people in the two bedroom suite. Interestingly, the hotel has a lake to both the front and the rear, so the view may not be of the lake you anticipated, but of the much smaller one to the rear. All the staff were incredibly helpful and, especially, knowledgeable about local restaurants for dinner, although the breakfast service ended somewhat abruptly and too early for many leisure travelers to enjoy the more than adequate menu.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2010

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. We are glad you and your spouse were able to enjoy the extra space in your room, and some of the wide variety of restaurants in the area. We appreciate your comments about the breakfast service and will take them into consideration when scheduling this complimentary amenity. We hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to Sebring.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Wonderful staff, room, and stay! I thought I was not gonna like it but loved it. Every room had a balcony staff was knowledgeable about the area and extremely friendly. Room was clean evening reception and breakfast was tasty as well. If I have to go back to sebring this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: September 2010
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2010

Thank you for sharing your comments about your visit. We love what we do and want every guest to enjoy their time with us. We hope you will come back to Sebring, and our hotel, so we can thank you in person. Safe Travels!

Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a week and a half in September and October 2010 while in the area on business.

The staff at the hotel was helpful. I had a few extra requests, and they were willing and eager to help. A modest, but hot, breakfast was served every morning, although they did run out of a few things for several days. Wireless internet and parking are free. The exercise room is small (two treadmills and another machine and some free weights) but was nice to have on premises. The room was decorated well and was welcome since I was staying there a while.

A few negatives, which are really pretty minor. They are not good about restocking things. Several times I had to ask for more shampoo and coffee. I gave up asking for more popcorn. One weekend they got a bit overwhelmed with a large group that was staying there. And most Residence Inns I stay at offer some sort of light food each night, or at least on weekdays, but this place only offered it a few days out of the week (M-W-F, or something like that).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Thank you for your comments about your stay. Our goal is to provide exceptional service on every occasion - clearly we were not performing to our usual standards with you and for that I sincerely apologize. We are glad you enjoyed the popcorn in the First Night Welcome kit in the room upon arrival, and while coffee and shampoo should have been replenished daily, popcorn is not part of that program. We do have complimentary entry to a local fitness facility that you only need to show your room key card for access. I am glad you enjoyed our evening receptions, and am sorry they did not meet your expectations. Our property offers an Evening Social Reception with light snacks on Mondays, Wednesdays and every other Thursday – per Residence Inn standards, which do not normally allow each property to set its own schedule. We do hope that you will stay with us again so we can have the chance to earn your loyalty.

Reviewed August 22, 2010

The Residence Inn Sebring is a newer hotel which offers so many of the comforts of home. I chose this hotel for my husband for a work related project which required him to travel through the area at least every other week for a period of 6 months. Although he did not need more than two nights at a time, I knew that he would be very well taken care of here.

Let me first start by saying that I regularly research hotels on tripadvisor.com and I was pleasantly surprised with some very nice reviews. Of course, I wanted to know about the details, so I called the hotel directly in hopes that someone there could answer a few questions and actually "sell" me on this property. It is so refreshing when a hotel staff member greets you on the telephone with a warm greeting and actually sounds like they are proud of the property where they work, isn't it? : )

A young man by the name of Alexander answered the phone and answered my basic questions about the property, the room types and the amenities. He knew a lot about the area and went above and beyond the call of duty when he described the area, gave info on nearby restaraunts, etc and best of all, he completely SOLD me on this hotel! I knew that this is where my husband would be spending a lot of time over the next 6 months or more and I couldn't wait to tell my husband about it! A great big thank you goes out to Alexander! I've called on a few occasions to set up reservations and Alexander not only remembered my name, but he went out of his way to help me each time and he treated my husband like a good friend!

Now for the hotel...
It is a new, gorgeous smaller property with a very nice pool, jacuzzie, work out facility and basketball court. There is a very nice, open, dining area with nice comfy chairs and a flat screen tv, computer, printer and table & chairs - a complimentary light breakfast is served in the morning along with scheduled light snack foods on certain evenings. (I did not go down early enough for the breakfast, but the dining area was spotless and I heard others say it was good). I found it to be very comfortable & quiet in the late afternoon when I used the computer and Charles was telling guests about the fresh, complimentary coffee in the afternoon.

The hotel faces a lake (accross the street) and also has a small lake in the back of the property. The common areas, elevators and halls are spotless and free of wear and tear. The rooms are just gorgeous and very modern! Did I mention that the place is SPOTLESS?!?

My husband started out in a King Studio room and ended up reserving the King Suite for the rest of his stays. He just loved it and so did I! Picture a small apartment with a small kitchen area with gorgeous countertops, appliances and cabinets! I'm not exaggerating - it really is great! The living/dining area is nice size with a table and chairs, nice sofa with table/ottoman and a desk/chair, flat screen tv and a balcony! The suite has a separate bedroom/bathroom area and another flat screen tv with nice furnishings and very nice, modern bedding and decor. The rooms are VERY clean, & well stocked with dishes, towels, bath soaps, etc.
After hearing so much about the rooms from Alexander and then my husband, I had to go see for myself! I joined my husband on a business trip and I didn't want to leave the quiet, private little retreat away from home!

I would highly suggest calling the hotel directly if you have any questions - I know you will be pleasantly surprised with what they offer! Ask for Alexander or Charles, who I met later during my stay and also turned out to be warm, friendly and very resourceful! These guys are proud of the property and will do anything to take care of you! If you need a place to stay for short or long term, I have no doubt that you will feel great about your decision to stay at this hotel! It may not look like a 4 star hotel from the outside, but based on the outstanding staff and gorgeous rooms and common areas, you just have to give it more than 3 stars! : )

As for the value, I have found less expensive rooms elsewhere and have been offered a much lower "business rate" at other hotels along his travel route, but it is my understanding that since this is primarily an extended stay hotel, the price breaks come when you book longer stays. We used a AAA card but still paid slightly over $100 per night for business travel based on two night stays. We've stayed at 4 star resorts for less than $100 per night, but we are all about the cleanliness, customer service and the relationships that are created between hotel and guest and this place exceeded in all of those areas!

To the hotel staff: Thank you so much for making my husband feel welcome during his many stays while he was out on the road. We will continue to tell others about your wonderful, genuine hospitality and outstanding property! It is SO refreshing to have such a wonderful experience, and especially nice to see that you are really proud to promote your hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

Wow and Thank YOU for sharing your experience with our hotel on TA! We love what we do and are so pleased when our guests and their loved ones enjoy their time with us. Alexander and Charles are two of our best, and I will make sure they are recognized for continuing to do their job so well. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. Please let us know when you and your husband will be back in our area, so we can thank you personally.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

We've been traveling to Sebring once or twice a year for the past 7 years (to visit family) and this Marriott is by far the best hotel in the area. It's very new and clean with nice furnishings, a comfortable bed, and dark curtains (for blocking out the pesky sun in the morning). The breakfast selections were pretty good with eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and various pastries/breads. Nothing fabulous, but certainly very adequate. Also, it's centrally located on US-27 at Lake Jackson. We have relatives on the North and South end of Sebring, so it was nice to be centrally located....and the view of Lake Jackson (across the road) was quite nice, as our room faced the front of the hotel.
Best of all, the staff was GREAT! The front desk person, Charles Smith, was very helpful and friendly. After breakfast we ran into him in the lobby and he asked us how our stay was, suggesting some local attractions if/when we had time. Later, when we checked-out, I realized I had left the lights on in our rental car and the battery was dead. I came back in to the hotel to see if anyone had jumper cables and Charles said he didn't, but then proceeded to check with the rest of the staff. Not only did he find jumper cables for us but he also pulled his truck over and gave us the jump himself. That's going above and beyond!!!!
We didn't get to use the pool or fitness center, but we'll be back in a few weeks and plan to stay at the same hotel. I'll update this review after our next stay. We'll be with our kids this time, so I'm sure the pool will be used.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Owner at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2010

Thank you for submitting your comments regarding your stay at the Residence Inn in Sebring. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business.

We are always very happy when a guest contacts us about the wonderful service they have received. As soon as I received your comments, I immediately forwarded them to the management of the hotel, who will ensure that Charles and the team are recognized for their efforts. It’s people like you who validate our efforts in keeping our hotels at the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities. We take a great deal of pride in our people and operations and endeavor to deliver a terrific experience to every guest. I am also happy to report that Marriott will be rolling out a new breakfast program in late September - many new items will be avaible including breakfast burritos, eggs florentine & apple smoked turkey bacon. We hope you will try it and like it during your next stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to servicing and seeing you and your family again on your next visit.

Reviewed January 6, 2010

This is a really attractive hotel with well decorated rooms. The size of the hotel is just right, with a single story entrance that leads to the four stories of rooms. That makes coming in feel more comfortable and homey. The kitchen is well stocked and there are some nice touches like a popcorn bowl and a microwaveable popcorn bag ready for you when you arrived.

Breakfast each morning was tasty with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, danishes and breads, cereal choices, juices, fruit, yogurt, etc. The first morning, they had french toast and the second morning they had hot croissants up by the eggs. A nice extra was they had nacho cheese, green onions, salsa, and jalapeno peppers available (usually for their nacho nights). It was fun to make your own sandwich with the eggs, sausage, cheese, and green onion.

The breakfast area was spotless and the woman working the breakfast area on January 1 and 2 was very cheerful, friendly, and helpful. There was always plenty of food on the buffet; you never had to wait. And all of it was kept very clean and well presented even when there were plenty of people shuffling around. The only thing that would have made it better is if the eggs were cooked more, but other than that, a great experience.

The staff at the front counter was also exceptionally friendly and helpful, especially the woman attending the desk on January 2. Our housekeeper (I think Marabella) was very sweet and had left us a handwritten note to tell us Happy New Year to our family. Whenever you met up with a staff member, you were instantly greeted.

There is a lake in front of the hotel and behind the hotel. From what I could tell, all the rooms must have a lakeview, but it would be better to be on the back side of the hotel because that lake is gorgeous and private while the other lake view requires you to look across US-27, so request the rooms on the back side. Sunrises and sunsets were beautiful.

Parking was very easy at this hotel and so was access. It is on Tubbs Road but that is right on 27 so it's super easy to get to a variety of restaurants. Plus, it's where 27 bends west to round a lake, so it seems much more private than a typical hotel on 27. You are only looking at water in front and in back of it rather than commercial buildings.

The location is great if you need to be in Sebring. We were there because family members were camping in High Hammock park nearby and this was just four miles from them. But if you don't have a specific reason to be in Sebring, there really isn't much to do here. But the lakes in the area are gorgeous.

We recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Inn On The Lakes
Inn On The Lakes
#1 of 11 in Sebring
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Residence Inn Sebring? Share your experiences!