“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
Sebring, Florida, United States
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here for one month,as I waited for the closing of my new home. My husband and I with our little dog Zoie enjoyed all the wonderful people employed there, from the manger ( as nice as they come) to the maintence man, to the room staff. Our daily breakfast was just the bomb!, and the specials on Tues, Wed. & Thurs. evenings I hardly had to cook. As far as that, the unit was fitted with everything I needed. If I need something the staff was more than happy to help. They even had a storage unit for me to use, as I was accumulating alot of new items for the house. Best place to stay in Sebring!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are just wonderful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joan B
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Congratulations on your new home and Welcome to Sebring! Thanks so much for makin our hotel as temporary home for you and your family, four legged furry members included. We love what we do and really appreciate your kind words and recognition of jobs well done by our team. I hope you will stop by to visit us often, and let us serve your out of town guests when they come to see you, too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Sunrise, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is an all mini studio hotel, with very spacious rooms including kitchen facilities. All the rooms I have stayed at have a balcony with great views of either Lake Sebring or Lake Jackson. The hotel is well maintained and clean. Free WiFi and complementary breakfast is a plus. They also have a 2 bedroom suite, which is great except of the second bedroom has a queen instead of 2 doubles. This hotel does not have any rooms with double beds. This is the hotel of choice when traveling to Sebring.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Lake Sebring are quieter because massive air chiller is located in back.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bullet2012
Thank you for your recent stay and nice reivew. I'm sorry we don't have any rooms with two double beds, and hope that our other room types will continue to meet your needs. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed at the Sebring Residence Inn for 2 weeks (weekends back home) for business last month. It was a perfect location for work, with an extremely comfortable and well-appointed room. The layout was perfect for getting work done at the desk (free wifi made using my laptop and iPod with the dock on the bedside clock/radio very easy), then getting some dinner in the little kitchen, then watching tv or sleeping. Easy in and out, small but pleasant and accessible exercise facility, and a better than average breakfast made this stay homelike and efficient. I didn't participate in any of the happy hour facilities, but otherwise I would call the facility and service top-notch.

Room Tip: I liked being on the ground floor for easy in and out -- I was on the south end by the half-basketba...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HGG2012
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make your very first TA review about your recent experience with us. I'm glad you were comftable here, and that your time away from your real home was enjoyable. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are assigned to our area.
Miramar, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at this property last November (I kept forgetting to write this review), not the first time that we've stayed there, but the first time (at ANY property) that we've been treated so poorly. I will start by pointing out that I am a member of Marriott Rewards, with a LOT of points and three Marriott time-share weeks. One of the perks of their Rewards program is supposed to be late check-out (of course "when available", which really means "if the property isn't going to be full that next night so the room can be serviced later than normal").

I am a volunteer race worker for SCCA, and have stayed at this property and others in Sebring when I work at Sebring Raceway. We were there for Friday and Saturday nights of Thanksgiving weekend. While I was working at the track, my wife was spending most of her time in the room, studying for courses that she was taking. On Saturday evening, we asked at the front desk for late check-out on Sunday, and we were told to check back on Sunday morning. On Sunday morning, as I was leaving for the track, we again asked, and were told that "it will be up to the Housekeeping Supervisor. Check back later in the morning." WHAT? The Housekeeping Supervisor calls the shots?

Their check-out time is 11:00 a.m., and my wife was asking to stay in the room until 2:00 p.m. Believe me, at a property like this, when the racers clear out on a Sunday, there are plenty of empty rooms that night. So at close to the regular check-out time, my wife inquired again, and was told (after the front desk consulted with Housekeeping!) that she could stay in the room until Noon. GEE, HOW GENEROUS. Meanwhile, the housekeeper kept knocking on the door every 15 minutes, and each time my wife would advise that she had been ok'ed to stay until Noon. By the third knock, my wife gave up and vacated the room.

If that was all, it would be bad enough. But the treatment afterwards is what really prompts this review, because everyone needs to hear it. The next day, I wrote an e-mail to the property's Manager, and I cc'ed Marriott's Guest Relations office. In this e-mail, I set forth everything that I have written above. The Manager's reply to me was shocking - she stated, with respect to my comment that it was incredible that Housekeeping called the shots there, that "I don't tell guests how to run their business so you shouldn't tell me how to run mine"!!! Huh? I'm paying good money (or in this case, hard-earned Marriott points) to stay at your property, you're damn right I'm going to tell you when I think something is not being run properly!

She then went on to state that since both my wife, and myself, had "not been respectful" to her and her staff (we were at no time nasty, we are not like that), WE WERE NO LONGER WELCOME TO STAY THERE! When I then replied to her e-mail, I got an e-mail from the Guest Relations office stating only "Case closed". Are you kidding? Case closed? This Manager should have been severely sanctioned for her actions - not the actual late check-out (I don't know if she was even on duty then), but for HER nasty e-mail to a loyal Marriott guest.

I continue to use Marriott properties all over the world, but when we go to Sebring this November, we'll be staying at the LaQuinta Inn.

As to the hotel itself, it's fine, your typical Residence Inn. But with treatment like that, who wants to stay there?

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Stu_C
I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent visit. We have been in touch with you privately, and have done our best to make ammends. Thank you for volunteering at the race track, and your loyalty to the Marriott brand.
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

We chose the Residence Inn based on being pet friendly, we have stayed at other "pet friendly" hotels in the past, and they are not always what you would call clean and modern, this by far was the best pet friendly hotel we have ever stayed at, very clean, everything was new and well maintained, we were given a ground floor room on the backside with a gorgeous view of the lake, it was a beautiful apartment really, with a full kitchen, separate bedroom with a door for privacy, there was even a leash hook just inside the door, and they give you a small magnet to put outside your door advising there is a "4 legged" guest in the room, staff was very friendly, even giving my dog a nice greeting when we brought him in. Breakfast was great with a huge selection of items to make everyone happy.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel has a very pretty view of a lake.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jeff h
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We do love it when our guests bring their four legged furry family members to visit, and want everyone to be able to enjoy themselves while they are here. I hope you will let us serve you here again soon.
Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is by far the best choice in the Haines City to Clewiston corridor of US 27. An immaculate property that consistently provides a safe environment for all guests, thanks to hands-on general manager Leila and staff. We will be back soon.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Wordbabe
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thanks for your stay and nice comments. We take a lot of pride in our hotel, and do everything we can to keep it in tip-tip shape. Leila is a terrific manager, and leads us to serve by her example of excellent professionalism and and hospitiality. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are in Sebring.
Coconut Creek, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My room looked brand new. Everything was spotless, amenities were more than imagined. I needed to check in early as I had an event at the check in time and was able to check in early, no problem. Hotel staff was helpful and friendly. I didn't even need to bring papertowel! I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone. This hotel is worth every penny. Very well managed.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor with pool view. No problems.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank elivingston68
Thank you for your stay, review and recommendation. We want all our guests to be able to have a worry free, relaxing visit, and I'm glad we met your needs and exceeded your expectations. We look forward to the next opportunity you give us to serve you here again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Inn On The Lakes
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
Ramada Lake Placid
Ramada Lake Placid
#3 of 8 in Lake Placid

Been to Residence Inn Sebring? Share your experiences!