Residence Inn Sebring
Comfort Lodge(Sebring)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitethe general managerlake jacksonevery morninghome away from homelong staystove topbreakfast ladyhigher flooran arraysocial hourplace to staythe past yearsan extended staynice view of the lakebreakfast was delicious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Hotel was very modern and clean. The room was well appointed and modern. On the side facing the highway, the balcony only has a tiny view of the larger lake, but mostly a view of the roofline and highway. Could not hear the highway in the room at all. Breakfast was not great, but pretty standard for this class of hotel. The hot coffee provided all day was great though!
Staff was very nice, internet worked well. My biggest complaint is that the television is a nice new LCD TV, but they have only standard def stations. Many of the stations came in fuzzy too. This is not unique to the hotel, but I cannot believe they would spend all that money on nice TVs and pair it up with the same sub-par hotel cable system that everyone has. Not a lot to do in Sebring, so good TV kind of a must for business travelers.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank nrc21224
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the television programming in your room. I agree that HDTV is the way to go, and our local provider is constantly adding more HD channels, which we add as soon as they are available. I will also review the proper procedures for programming the TVs to recieve and display the stations correctly. Please stop by to check us out the next time you are in town, and we can also share some of the more interesting activities in our area. We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you here.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and two of his friends went fishing this past weekend and the first and only place they wanted to stay was Residence Inn Sebring. My husband and the guys had a great time and they were so happy to stay in a place where they could cook dinner when they returned from fishing. The hotel staff, especially Alexander, take care of you. He was there when we visited before. It is great to see the same staff when you return. Breakfast was wonderful like before too. This is the place to stay in Sebring!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank DessertsDivaFL
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2011

Thank you so much for your repeat visits and for writing and positn your comments, we really appreciate you taking the time to do so. Alexander is one of our best and inspires all of us to do our best for every guest, every day. I'll be sure he received the recognition he deserves for making such a good impression on you and your group. Please let us know when you will be back so we can thank you in person.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

The hotel is pretty, and the room is spacious. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the small lake (don't remember the name). There is a full kitchen, very modern, and well appointed. The furniture was very nice and comfortable, there is a large LCD TV that you can pivot between the sitting room and the bedroom area, so you can watch from either room. I didn't try the breakfast, but my husband said the scrambled eggs were rubbery. He brought up some oatmeal for me, and I thought it was good enough. The one thing that I was not happy about was that they were still using Styrofoam (sp?) cups. I mean, I thought all hotels (especially a Marriott chain) would have gotten the message that Styrofoam is not environmentally friendly, how about switching to paper cups, or better still, just have your guests use ceramic cups to take back to their room.
The other thing that we weren't happy about is the location of a giant AC unit, it is right next to the bed, very loud, and with the vent blowing right on you when you are sleeping. We were there 2 nights, but no matter how we adjusted it, it was either freezing, or too hot. We really didn't sleep much for the 2 nights.
Other than these 2 complaints, the hotel is very reasonably priced for its quality and size. I wish they can fix the AC problem.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BayAreaRes
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and posting your review. I'm sorry you had problems with the air conditioner, and that we were not able to resolve this issue for you while you were at the hotel. You are right, of course, about the styro cups, which are only used for 'take out' coffee, or are supposed to be, as we do have ceramic cups both in the breakfast/coffee area and in all the suites. I hope you will come back and be pleased with the improvements here.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were visiting our twin grandchildren and they provided 2 pack and plays for them to sleep in. The are only a year old and one was sick - they did not need to sleep together. They brought them up with clean sheets and set them up for us. They also came and got them when we needed them out of the way. Breakfast was one of the best I have ever had... Highly recommend this hotel...... We were there approx. 5 days. They also had a little store at the desk for you to buy food or snacks. The room had a small kitchen - which helped with baby bottles in the refrig.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Hammer13

Twins - what fun! So sorry to hear one wasn't well, but they were lucky to have the love and attention of their grandparents. Please let us know when you will be back so we can welcome you in person.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

We just got home from our stay here. We stayed two nights. Got a great deal on Orbitz. The hotel is wonderful, especially the location because we brought our boat which we could park on the lot next door which was right by our room on the 1st floor. Perfect!

Alexander at the front desk was so accommodating and friendly! Debra, who worked at the breakfast area each morning was so busy, I think there must have been two of her. She did a great job keeping up with all the people that crowded the breakfast area. She had to keep up quite a pace. She really does need an extra pair of hands when the hotel is booked up like it was.

Breakfast was terrific, the room was large and had everything we needed. Wish we had the 2 bedroom unit to have the oven but having the microwave, two-burner stove top and full-size fridge and full-size dishwasher was nice. The pull-out sofa is a FULL, not a queen so be aware of that. Thought it was a queen so my teens were tightly squeezed on there. They slept OK. My husband and I just loved the room, plenty of space for all 4 of us. The only thing that was a bit strange was there were two flat-screen TV's practically next to each other so when we wanted to change channels we sometimes accidentially changed the other TV's channel too.

All in all, a great place to stay. We now know why this one is rated #1 in Sebring. I will post photos soon.

Room Tip: Try Orbitz for a great deal.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank DessertsDivaFL
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

Thank you for your business and for sharing your comments about our hotel. We are glad you and your family enjoyed the service, accommodations and amenities we offer. I agree that the placement of the televisions is a bit odd – it is determined by Marriott’s designers. We look forward to your photos, and to welcoming you back the next time you are in Sebring