“A Fiasco topped with horrible food”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #92 of 142 Restaurants in Sebring
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I visited our local Chili's for a quiet Sunday morning lunch (around 11:15). It had been a while since we've been to this Chili's and now we remember why we quit going. We sat in a booth in the bar area but all the way across the room from the bar. After we had ordered our meal a man came in and seated himself at the bar. He immediately began talking very loudly and sounded under the influence of something other than diet coke. He kept getting louder and louder and suddenly yelled at me even though I wasn't looking at him. My husband took care of the matter (verbally) and then the guy came over to our table to "apologize" at which point my husband made it very certain to him what he was to do. Our server came over and assisted us in moving to a different part of the restaurant. My husband ordered the fajitas with shrimp, beef, and chicken. He tasted the shrimp and said it wasn't good so I tried it. It was RUINED. I had the California Flat bread which I expected to be crispy. Wrong...it was soggy and disgusting. The manager came to our table and apologized and subtracted my husband's fajitas from our check. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get sick. One other issue was the lack of cleanliness of the restaurant as evidenced by the dirty glass doors and windows. Even though they had not been open very long when we got there, the doors were covered in fingerprints from the past week. The windows were covered with smears and were not clean either. Our server was very nice and could not control what happened to us and the manager was considerate also. However, the man at the bar should have been asked to leave. Needless to say, we will never return to this Chili's ever.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

So we finally decided to go back again and give them another chance as we have had service issues in the past. This time we we're greeted immediately and seated at a nice booth. Menus were placed and we were told our server would be right with us. Place was maybe half full and bar area mostly empty. Over five minutes went by and no one came to our table. There was the electronic kiosk, but it was never explained. Tried to order drinks through that but it didn't work, slid my credit card through it and I told me I didn't have a bill yet. We left, again, without service.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

On Sunday, Dec 15, 2013 my partner and I stopped at Chilli's for lunch. The place was quite busy but we were seated immediately. After looking over the menu we decided to share an order of fajita's. As we were really hunger they were very good and we enjoyed them. Service was very good. This restaurant is due for an upgrade because the seats were well worn and menus very dirty. As a matter of fact most of the restaurant was very dirty including the restrooms. I would probably eat somewhere else if I was passing thru Sebring again.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

After a disappointing and unsavory experience next door at a Cody's Roadhouse, went to Chilis where we were treated royally with great service and good food.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went with 9 people, 5 high school students. We were seated quickly. We had a very competent server. Food and drink came out quickly and was cooked well. A typical Chili's, nothing fancy. Restaurant was clean. Staff very helpful.