“A real change of place for Sebring”

Garden Cafe at McLane's Country Garden
Ranked #2 of 143 Restaurants in Sebring
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Scott and Lolly Mclane, owners of Mclane's Country Garden, have been serving customers by creating beautiful landscapes and providing quality plants to the Sebring area for the last twenty years. The beautiful setting of our nursery always seemed like a nice place to sit down and have a bite to eat. Seeing a need for a nice outdoor dining location in the Sebring area, and an enthusiasm for delicious home cooking, the Garden Cafe at Mclane's Country Garden was opened to the public in December 2011. Specializing in cafe bistro fare, customers have enjoyed our delicious quiche, specialty sandwiches, and homemade desserts. Mclane's Country Garden is proud to give our customers this new beautiful dining option, while remaining one of the best landscape nurseries in the Highlands County area.
Sebring, Florida
“A real change of place for Sebring”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Lolly the owner has done a wonderful job of converting her nursery into a lovely café. (Yes, you can still buy beautiful plants here too). The food is excellent and offers daily specials. The café is open for dinner some nights - check the schedule, lunch throughout the week and breakfast. The French Toast is to die for along with the Huevos Ranchero. The setting is great for dinner and is a fun place to go for a special treat. Just don't be in a hurry. This is the place to sit back and relax and enjoy your meal with friends or someone special.

• Visited May 2014

Sebring, Florida
“A charming, hidden paradise right under our noses!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

To take a beautifully presented nursery and transform it into a beautifully presented cafe was genius! Add gourmet food and excellent service, and we have a local treasure here!
The food is absolutely delicious, and the surroundings are designed to enchant and distract our out-of-town visitors that we like to entertain on occasion. Besides that, it's just a great place to sit and enjoy your bestie's company for awhile.

1 Thank Roxi1963
Lake Placid, Florida
“SO glad I found this place!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I just happened to be driving by this restaurant and had to take my garden-enthusiast friend with me to check it out because it looked so adorable. Were we surprised to find out it's been here for 2 years and we hadn't heard of it! When I looked on Trip Adviser after lunch, I was not surprised to find out it's ranked so high because I was VERY impressed with everything about this gem. You immediately feel at home when you walk up the garden path into an open dining area surrounded by gardens of perfectly manicured plants, all for sale with the nursery on the grounds. I had been worried that the room would be uncomfortably hot but with fans going, it was lovely even on this scorching day. The end nearest the trees outside was definitely cooler than the other end though. I was so impressed with the menu even though there weren't very many choices for my gluten and dairy free diet. Our server was very helpful with those issues. I ended up with a scrumptious chicken salad. My friend had a fantastic sandwich with artichoke, spinach and cheese stuffed into the perfect roll. A unique appetizer was also very impressive - rangoon stuffed with spinach, asiago and parmesan cheeses and only $1 for 4 of them! They even sell beer and wine. We sat enjoying the atmosphere for quite a while and weren't rushed away. I really hope this place thrives, it is unique and a very pleasant experience for lunch and dinner.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank luckydotty
florida
“The orange cake to die for”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great location, very breezy, under roof but outdoor cafe. I ordered the chicken walnut salad, very tasty and fresh, not huge portion, but enough to fill me up. My BFF had a turkey cranberry sandwich which tasty, bread fresh, and overwhelming, but a large sandwich. But the best was the rec of the waitress, the orange cake which is freshly made for them. Had white choc chips, orange cake, and buttercream. We died and went heaven. Would def come here again.

• Visited June 2014
“Fresh & Friendly”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our favorite spot for a lovely meal in a gorgeous setting. The first thing you will notice is that the food is FRESH! The owners and staff are friendly and courteous. Serving lunch and dinner, the variety of menu items is always exciting and innovative. We always recommend the Garden Cafe whenever anyone asks us for a good place to eat here in Sebring.

Visited April 2014