“Diner with Very Good Service”

Dimitri's Family Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 148 Restaurants in Sebring
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were seated immediately and our server arrived quickly to take our breakfast drink orders. The food came promptly and was hot and fresh. Everything we ordered was delivered correctly according to our order. This is typical diner food - nothing extraordinary but was tasty and good. The hostess and server were pleasant, prompt, and friendly. All during July, 2013 they are giving away $100/day to random dining guests. In summary, don't go out of your way to eat here just for the food but you will not be disappointed in the good service.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Morning breakfast..place was busy,yet food came out fast n Hot!Things always get picky with grankids yet they handled the chocolate chip pancakes just fine!MY OMELET bacon n cheese was great along with the friendly servers!Will return soon..great prices and fast service at fast food prices!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I have been eating Saturday and Sunday breakfasts here for over five years when it was known as Lakeside and we always enjoyed their good food and service. You see between myself and my wife we have over 40+ years in the restaurant business so I think we are more than qualified to evaluate performance. We tried this new owner twice and both times we could not eat our breakfasts. I believe this is the same owner that recently renamed another location in the shopping center where the Highlands Today is located near the fountain. We tried that location also and found the quality of the food there very unacceptable. You will see many favorable reviews on the Palm Diner and we can only say it pretty much fits the pattern of the locals opinions of many of the sub-standard restaurants in the Sebring area. Local seniors here will give a big thumbs up to a restaurant if they get their 10% off or senior discount. Somewhere their taste buds and the expectation for food cooked properly as taken a back seat to pricing and free senior coffee !! Sausage served half cooked might be acceptable to some , however, I can't eat it that way. Eggs over medium should not be served with the clear egg still visible in the egg white , that's not cooked properly and egg preparation should be cooking 101 for a line cook, but no one here seems to notice? Many of our favorite waitresses seem to have left this location or they just have not been there the last a final two visits we had. I believe those ladies would not have served under-cooked food!! Again, many people in Sebring will disagree with our evaluation but I challenge any of them to back up there opinions with the background in experience we have, managed multi-units in Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, and Louisiana so we have the knowledge of what is acceptable food preparation and what is not. I doubt many of the reviewers of this restaurant can say they passed the serve safe courses in 4 states !! We have. It is a shame that people in this town have come to accept the unacceptable and consider it good eats !! Want to eat at a good restaurant in the area go to Lake Placid and check out Tequilla Taco, they understand how to prepare and serve food. Recently another restaurant in Sebring closed called Muggs and we only had to visit that place once and we knew they would not make it. However, many of the locals seemed to like that place also, go figure. !!

5  Thank James M
Reviewed May 29, 2013

An old fashioned diner like you would find in north-east. Extensive menu. Good food & service.
I am not a dessert person, but I come here for the dessert, it is that good. We spoke to staff and early kitchen training was with "bakers".

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Went at lunch and the menu was similar to the Greek Place down the road. I ordered the Lemon Chicken Soup that the other greek plce has but it was up to par here. Also, it took a while to get seated and we came after the lunch crowds were leaving. It then took about 4 minutes for anyone to come to our table. We were about to leave when finally a server came and took our drink order. It seemed that the wait staff was busy watching the Fox News Channel or something. The food we ordered was ok but after the not so friendly service I don't think we will go back.