This review is not about the hotel itself but the spa that the hotel so proudly advertises. But after speaking to the GM and how he represented the establishment, I'm not sure if I will spend a dime here.
Just finished speaking to the Reinhart (not sure if this is an accurate spelling of his name) GM of Sebring Chateau Elan and with every point I made I will list below, he made an excuse. No apology. I told him that I called not to argue with him, but simply make him aware of my spa experience. He kept arguing anyway.
1. At entrance of the SPA, there was a strong and distinct musty/wet-sock-like smell. They didn't even light any candles to cover the scent.
2. The masseuse talked the entire 70 minutes. Mind you it was supposed to be a 90-minute massage that we agree upon reservations. The GM insisted that they only have a 55-minute and an 80-minute massage. He also then asked me why I didn't ask the masseuse to talk not to me.
3. The worst part of this was when I used the restroom after my massage, there was a ring around the toilet and urine spray all over the seat. The seat lining dispenser was empty. I had to open my own toilet paper and clean the toilet seat myself. The GM explained to me that they clean the spa daily and that it was unfortunate for me to follow someone that didn't clean after themselves in the bathroom. I understand his latter point, but rings around the toilet, at least in my bathroom happen slowly overtime. Maybe, they have overstimulated mold growing in theirs.
BTW, I had an 8:45 am appointment. Maybe the cleaners clean at 9 am?
It took me a almost a full year to use my Christmas 2008 gift certificate from my hubby, and what a let down!!! At the end, I left feeling disgusted and ripped off.
For those of you who are visiting Sebring area and need spa services, I recommend "Back In Touch." What a difference in services and ambience.
P.S. I rate the massage (I had a deep tissue combined with hot stone) a 3 out of 5. Not bad in my book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly constructed luxury hotel located on the hairpin turn of the Sebring International Raceway offering the Esperante Restaurant, Hairpin Lounge, Chateau Elan Day Spa, and 4000 sq. ft. of Banquet Space. We honor the iPrefer program for the leisure traveler and meeting planner. Located in Florida's Heartland with golf, fishing, hiking, bicycling and horseback riding nearby. The Chateau Elan Hotel and Conference Center where you'll find honest, uncomplicated comfort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Elan Hotel And Conference Center
- Chateau Elan Hotel Sebring
- Four Points Sebring
- Sebring Sheraton
- Sebring Four Points