“Great Place”

Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel is really a nice hotel. The most important to me - it's definitely clean & there are no odors like you find at some other hotels. The Chateau Elan is located off the beaten path, but only approx. 5 miles from downtown Sebring. It has a bar/lounge along with a restaurant. Unfortunately we did not have the chance to experience the restaurant for dinner because it was closed during the week in the evenings for the summer months. However, it was open for breakfast & lunch.
We stayed here for 5 nights and will be back when we're back in the area.

Give it a try - you won't be disappointed. Clean & extremely quiet. (probably not so quiet during race time though. But I think that's only a few times a year.)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bev B

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I travel constantly for a living and really enjoyed this little gem in Sebring.

This property is well maintained and a Terrific Value. Relaxed in the Spa and enjoyed the pool area. Love the RaceTrack!!!

Had a terrific time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jim P
reinhardhaubner, General Manager at Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments as a "professional" traveler i am sure you know what you like, and getting such high remarks makes as us very proud.

Best regards
Reinhard

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently got married at the Chateau Elan and I would highly recommend this venue to any couple. The event far exceeded my expectations - mostly because of the staff. The location was very convenient with a pool, restaurant, laundry services etc. My suite was right next to the elevator with a back door that opened into a private nook right next to the ballroom where we held our ceremony and reception - so convenient. Before we even decorated the ballroom, the staff made the place look beautiful.
But I could not get over how accommodating the staff - all the staff were, the entire time - from the planning stages until we left after the event. Whatever we asked for they delivered quickly and with a smile. Nothing we asked for was a problem - they bent over backwards to make our special day happen with no problems. In addition, the catering manager Debbie Guilfoil and Her assistant (sorry I forgot her name) stayed until there were few guests left just in case we needed anything.
The Chef staff went overboard with the food. It was more than I was expecting, it was really good and I got a lot of compliments on it. Also, when some of the dishes were running out, the chef (sorry forgot her name) saved a couple of plates for Clegg and me. How thoughtful is that?
I have no complaints - only good things to say about my experience at Chateau Elan and I really appreciate their service and their high-standard performance for our wedding.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maryann H
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had a Triathlon that I was doing that weekend and stayed here. It was perfect! A wonderful comfortable room, very quiet even with the cars racing the track which was very entertaining to watch. I loved the pool, too. Got plenty of rest and placed in the Olympic Triathlon!
Would recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again. Thank you!

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony! It was very nice to sit out there and watch the racers.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica G
Reviewed June 26, 2013

While looking for a warm weather winter retreat we came upon this hotel. With the help of fellow Tripadvisors we decided to try it. It is located a stone's throw from the famous racetrack. In fact, if you get a room with the properly facing balcony you get a bird's eye view of what I think is a practice track. There were a few cars racing around while we were there.

We booked this hotel through a discount website and got a rate that we thought was a good rate. Well, when we checked in we discovered that we got a really good rate for a super hotel. In a word it is classy. The enterance had a racing car in the bright, airy lobby. Directly behind it was the cozy bar and restaurant. We had booked a basic room, but decided to spend ten extra bucks to upgrade to a better room with a balcony and refrigerator. There was also a wide screen tv, microwave, couch, table, desk and lots of storage. Bathrobes were a nice addition after you used the huge walk-in shower stall. This is one of the nicest rooms that I have stayed in for quite some time, and I cannot remember when I got a better rate for this quality. Granted it was off season, and the place was pretty dead, but it did not make much of a difference for me while I was enjoying the night air with a glass of wine on my balcony!

They have a restaurant that is supposed to be excellent, but because of the season they only had the bar menu available. Bummer!

We did not use the Spa, and I am not sure if it was available, but the literature in the rooms detail a number of options, and if this is your thing it looks like something worth trying.

The grounds are very nice, and again very close to the track.

I imagine this place really gets busy when the races are on, but if you are thinking of staying in a first class hotel in Sebring, this will surely fit your needs.

Room Tip: If your budget allows it, get a balcony facing the track
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BenGruda
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have been going to the Sebring area for weekend golf outings for years. Several years ago we found this place and have never gone anywhere else since. This is simply leagues ahead of anywhere else you might stay. Great rooms, beds and amenities. Spotless everywhere, I always feel the Chateau is run in a fine European tradition. Staff is excellent without exception. They are professional yet warm and inviting. We just stayed a weekend when there were no races or other activities so the place was pretty empty yet the level of hospitality was top notch. Breakfast buffet was prepared even though we were the only potential customers! Anywhere else in the area is strictly 3rd rate compared to this and the prices are great.

Room Tip: the rear of the hotel overlooks the race track and pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert P
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant hotel, clean with helpful staff. This would be my first choice when returning to Sebring for business or pleasure. Restaurant is reasonable with caring wait staff. What else can I say but stay here if you are looking for a Nice place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank pleasure1950
reinhardhaubner, Manager at Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

We at the Chateau Elan want to thank you for your wonderful comments and hope to see you return again soon.

Jason C. Moline

Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
F&B Manger

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Inn On The Lakes
Residence Inn Sebring
#3 of 11 in Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Westgate River Ranch Resort & Rodeo

Been to Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!