“Beautiful Room”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful Room”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in February. The hotel is located in a very isolated area and literally right next to the race track. We were there in the middle of the week and the first day they were working on the track so there was no noise. The second day we were woken to the sound of race engines for time trials. Late night the night before so it was a bit of a rude awakening, but I am sure that is why most people stay there. The room was very elegant we stayed in, clean and roomy. Not one complaint there. The restaurant however might need to hire one or two more people. Quite slow and we were there when the water was having issues so they couldn't serve us anything that required water. Things happen I know. The elevator closest to the lobby is VERY slow as well, but those are the only complaints I have. Everyone there is very nice and we even caught a show by a Beach Boys cover band one night and they were really good! I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: If you are wanting less noise from the Track you may want your room to face the front of the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank drummersgirl14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is the only hotel at the Sebring track - so I stay here each year for the Bike Sebring event, where proximity is most important. (Camping is not a great option because the cars race late into Friday night and most of us are trying to rest for an early race start on Saturday morning.)
I think it is rather expensive (nearly $200/night - two night minimum) for what we get (see my review of the Holiday Inn Express Kendall East in Miami - note MIAMI - expensive area) - and no breakfast included at all.

Room key cards didn't work on the first try, and the front desk ladies all giggled when I came back because the one who had checked me in had "forgotten" to code them. This is one of my hotel pet peeves, so I started off on the wrong note.

The elevators are very slow, and even slower because so many people are going up and down with their bikes. The stairs are an option, except the stairs nearest my room were located inside the back service area (employees only) on the lobby floor, so if you use it, you are dodging hotel staff in a narrow corridor. Apparently there is no service elevator, because room service was also vying for elevator time and space.

The rooms are very, very nice and large. Bedding plush, plenty of pillows and towels. Double beds. (If you read my reviews you will learn my preference for queens when having to share). Small desk and chair, small sitting area, which I also like very much. No fridge, no microwave, and I had to get my flashlight out to be able to see inside the nook to plug in the single-serve coffee maker (only one pouch - one serving - in a room with two double beds - of caffeinated coffee?).

Overall, the hotel is very nice and classy, but just low on amenities that I am accustomed to. The staff are all very nice, friendly and helpful (with the minor exception of the check-in glitch).

Will I stay here next year? Of course - not really much of a choice unless I want to drive several miles into town, which I don't. I just wish I could get more for what I pay for the convenience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank c9pilot
Sebring
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I had an evening meal at the Chateau Elan and had a wonderful experience. First of all, our waiter, Emrah, had a wonderful personality and was extremely helpful. Any restaurant would love to have employees like him. Secondly, our fish meals were also excellent. We would highly recommend the Chateau Elan to anyone. Keep up the good work!! We will be back!

Ray & Kathy Moore

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SebringMoore
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and friends stay at this hotel each February for the annual Highway Park "Rising" Black Tie Gala. The rooms are clean and spacious. Most importantly, the staff is wonderful. Indra (front desk), Evelyn (catering supervisor), Brian, and Debbie Guilford (catering manager) are phenomenal at anticipating and resolving issues. This formal banquet has been held at the venue two years in a row and I hope it will be the location each year. The staff is friendly, helpful, patient, and courteous. The food was excellent at the dinner and the breakfast buffet. The beds are comfy, free internet, and the private balcony was really a nice touch.

Highly recommend this hotel for its amenities and first rate staff. You won't regret your stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Evelyn C
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our stay was very relaxing! Rooms were cozy and comfortable. The staff made me feel very safe while my son was involved in the skip Barber race off. Beautiful Hotel! Inside and out. Very.classy for the small price.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank valwalker3
Amagansett, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I stay here every year for our PCA Club Race and it's the closest to the track and as good as it's as good as it gets for Sebring.
My room overlooks turn 7 (the hairpin) so I can watch racing from my balcony. Rooms are big and clean, free Internet and a continental breakfast was included. On check-in, they also gave me a bunch of coupons for free cocktails at the bar! If anyone is going to complain about the noise from the track then they should not be staying at a hotel next to a race track.

The only real negative I have are the dinners at the restaurant. While the staff tries hard, the kitchen disappoints every time.
I want to support the restaurant, but the food is not up to the standards of the hotel

Still I will continue to stay here while in Sebring

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Qwickrick
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have stayed here several times during sports car racing. The hotel is nice enough, staff friendly, but very busy. Room comfortable, overlooking raceway, since it is on the same property as the track. We found the hotel quite noisy. And during most of our stays there was some special concert or wedding party taking place. So we would come back to our room, tired after a day of racing, and hear all kinds of noise and loud music from the lower level coming up to our top floor room and have a HARD time getting to sleep!! Very disturbing!! And each time we had gone out to dinner, by the time we got back to the hotel the parking lot was completely FULL with all of the partying people so that as PAYING GUESTS who were staying at the hotel we couldn't find a place to PARK!! We were not happy! They charge so much more for race weekend rooms, but the close location to the track is not worth the inconvenience and noise we have to go through.
We've decided to try some other hotels closer to town next time around. Maybe it will be nicer to not be staying right at the track.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RaceTravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
Inn On The Lakes
Residence Inn Sebring
#3 of 11 in Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!