The facility is attractive, clean and well appointed. The staff is friendly, professional and competent. The menu and food at the on-site restaurant is very good. The entire facility has a front row view of the famed Sebring race track where each March 200,000 spectators descend upon the area for famous 12 Hours of Sebring race event. There are weekend club races for most of the year and the famed Skip Barber Racing School is headquartered there.
This is a Hotel that has 2 totally different personalities. On the weekends and certainly for 3 weeks in March, for anyone with even a causal interest in motorsports, this is the place to be. Getting a room in March would costly and if your name wasn’t something like Fittipaldi or McLaren might actually be impossible. Getting a room mid week for most of the year however, is a little strange.
I booked 3 rooms for my family in the first week in June 2011. I asked if the rooms could be close to each other which in hindsight must have made the reservations desk chuckle, besides my family there was only 4-5 other guest rooms that were occupied. I must have made the restaurant staff chuckle also when I made dinner reservations as we were the only people to dine that evening. This was indeed unfortunate because the food was top shelf in its preparation, quality and presentation. Additionally, the restaurant staff was friendly, personable and obviously attentive to our every need. We met the head chef and the facility general manager who entertained us all at dinner including my 2 young grandsons.
Don’t read into this review that we were not happy, I just felt bad that there wasn’t more activity in this top notch, attractive facility. It may just be a sign of the times or it may be that the thinking is “make hay when the sun shines” which would be on the weekends and in the weeks surrounding the 12 hour race. I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to dial up “Winkie” at the front desk and book a stay at Chateau Élan, when I am in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly constructed luxury hotel located on the hairpin turn of the Sebring International Raceway offering the Esperante Restaurant, Hairpin Lounge, Chateau Elan Day Spa, and 4000 sq. ft. of Banquet Space. We honor the iPrefer program for the leisure traveler and meeting planner. Located in Florida's Heartland with golf, fishing, hiking, bicycling and horseback riding nearby. The Chateau Elan Hotel and Conference Center where you'll find honest, uncomplicated comfort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Elan Hotel And Conference Center
- Chateau Elan Hotel Sebring
- Four Points Sebring
- Sebring Sheraton
- Sebring Four Points