“perfect place”
Review of Inn On The Lakes

Inn On The Lakes
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
Reviewed March 31, 2013

we stayed at the inn march 28 , a very nice older hotel that has been well maintained if we go to sebring again we will stay there again.. nice room very clean.. worse part of the evening, Hoosiers Lost in the ncaa ...

Room Tip: stay in a king room looking out to the lake ..nice view from upstairs..
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've attended the Light Sport Aviation Expo in Sebring for the last six years and found some of the places I've stayed less than optimum. THIS year, because I was bringing my wife, I decided to spend a little bit more and was lucky enough to get a room at this Inn. My wife and I were both pleased with the room, the staff, the service and the complimentary breakfast in their restaurant was the icing on the cake. My only complaint ISN'T against the Inn, it's just that during the Light Sport Expo, everyplace in town -- the Inn included -- was bustling with people. That said, we will stay here again next year. As Sherry L said ... "beats the chains, hands down."

Room Tip: Book early. We paid a bit more for a balcony and it was worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Larry S
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Having been a guest there for 11 years, the service, smiles and constant commitment to keeping the property in great shape have made our group come back every year.
It's the place to be and it has a great restaurant on site.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Owner was really helpful when we called about a golf trip. Gave good advice on courses. The room we had overlooked the lake and was spacious and very clean. The free breakfast was nice. Will definitely stay here when we return to the area. Beats the chains hands down!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherry L
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I really wanted to love this place. It looked nice, ratings were good, the price was good, check-in was great. That is when it stopped. I attempted to order room service and it took FIVE phone calls to order something. There was no menu in the room so I went to the front desk for one. They sent me to the restaurant to get it. REALLY??? When I tried calling it in, it really took five calls. No answer twice at the restaurant. Tried the front desk a few times. They said the restaurant would call me back. They never did. Called the front desk again. I finally got through and the food was actually very good once it came. However, BED BUGS trumps all. This is the first time ever that I have experienced this. Gross, ugly, sick!! I am a sound sleeper and didn't realize I shared my bed with BED BUGS till 7am. (I have the pictures if anyone really wants to see them) Of course my room ended up being free but I had to ask for them to remove the room service charges. The manager Phil did call me later that day to apoligize and told me the steps they were taking to clean it up. I appreciated the phone call, but I don't think I will take up his offer to come back and stay in one of their suites.

Room Tip: Bed Bugs n Room 127
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Romeo6
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Clean and beautiful hotel. Was expecting much higher price but was surprised at the value and price. Also included was a A+ breakfast. This is a beautiful Inn on the Lake with flowers and birds all around. Easy check in and friendly folks at the counter. Beds was super comfy. This area is famous for golf courses and retired folks. We were just passing through from one side of Florida to the other. Worth staying if you are traveling through the area.

Room Tip: Rooms face the road and the lake. We had a room that faced the Lake in the back was sooo quite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the Inn on the Lakes for one-night only, unfortunately. The hotel is very quaint. The lobby is beautifully decorated and you could tell that it has been recently remodeled. My room (303) was updated as well and was decorated very nicely. It had a large bathroom which was updated too. Our room faced the lake, but the lake across the street from Hwy 27. The room got a little noisy in the morning due to traffic, but it would not prevent me from staying here again. A breakfast was included with the price of the room; it was well above what average hotels provide. The pool area was amazing and decorated with modern patio furniture. The gardens are beautifully landscaped. This hotel reminded me of an Italian villa. It was absolutely beautiful. I would definitely stay here again. In fact, we are planning a return trip soon. Don't forget to visit Highlands Hammock State Park which is close by; definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Tower building; they are nicer than the others.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring
Residence Inn Sebring
Residence Inn Sebring
#3 of 11 in Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Inn On The Lakes? Share your experiences!