“What happened?!”
Review of Inn On The Lakes

Inn On The Lakes
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Sebring
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed here in the past and my experiences were always positiive until recently. At check in they did not have the non-smoking room I requested a month ago and stated that they were overbooked and I was moved to accommodate someone else who was staying longer. NOT FAIR! I went down to the restaurant and it just got worse. My dinner took forever and was cold. I sent it back and received a completely different entree in return. I asked to speak to the manager and after 20 minutes I got a free dessert from the extremely nice waitress but it was packaged up to go! Guess they just wanted me out of there. Never saw the manager and I got tired of waiting so I went back to my stinky room and slept with the windows open all night. Kinda scary and definetely too cold for that! I hope they can work out these issues.....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank CaseyKeys

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Was in Sebring to take part in the bike sebring 12 hour race. Arrived at 3am, welcomed by the front desk, no issues getting my room. It was clean and while not lavish certainly did the trick. Bathroom was clean, had a king bed and yet still had room to lay my bike stuff out. Microwave and fridge was also useful. The hotel property was reasonably well taken care of, staff very helpful. Breakfast, while full, was certainly not a big breakfast (this is not a Denny's breakfast included with your stay). A huge positive - when I tried to have my bags put in storage while i raced on saturday, mgmt allowed me to keep my room till 8:30pm given their current occupancy - a fantastic service that was a pleasant surprise. Ask for a room in the main bldg facing the lake.

Room Tip: ask for the main hotel, not a wing, and ask to face the lake versus the roadway as I needed the whit...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Nice Hotel. A little on the pricy side. Room was beautiful.
Restaurant was ok, NO SERVICE! They get you in take your order, then your done, in and out, not relaxed! Sebring is a golf community, and that seems to be the focus, so if you are into golf, this IS the place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jim n
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have returned from a wonderful stay and would like to share our experience with you. From the moment we entered the hotel we felt as though we were at home. from the reception staff throught to the dining room staff, we could find no fault in our stay. The gardens were beautifully kept and we never grew tired of all the staff's smiling faces. In particular we would like to mention, Debbie and Sarah in the Dining room. All in all if you find yourself in Sebring, dont hesitate to stop by.

1  Thank Sandra A
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Next time you drive down the length of Florida, consider using US-27 instead of the Interstates--this will allow you to discover unique places like the Inn on the Lakes. This inn really is on the lakes--between two lakes in fact. Every room will give you a great view of one or the other. A limited but adequate breakfast was included, served in a real dining room by real waitpersons. The room included a very comfortable bed, microwave, and refrigerator. Staff was cheerful and helpful. Stay here if you want unique, clean, well-appointed, and reasonably priced. The swimming pool is on a lushly vegetated patio and will make you think you're somewhere on the Mediterranean!

Room Tip: You'll be glad to have any room there, so don't fuss.
2  Thank TheManFromN
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We only spent one night here but wish we had more time in this quaintly furnished inn. The lobby boasted a huge fireplace a floor to ceiling windows overlooking the lake as did their restaurant. The room overlooked the parking lot but had refrigerator, comfy bed, coffee in the room and lobby, and the staff was wonderfully helpful and friendly. I would return here over any chain hotel in a heartbeat.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2013

From the moment we arrived it was if we were transported to an italian villa in the heart of tuscany. Entering the lobby we were greated by opulance and fine fixtures, with a staircase leading to another floor that overlooked the grand entrance. The front desk personell greeted with a big smile and were overly polite and very proffessional . We were early and our room wasnt quite ready ,but that didnt stop Nicole from making sure things moved right along and before you knew it, we were heading to our accomodation. Entering the room was a treat. . All the furniture and paint was pristine and neat as a pin. As we unpacked we marveled at our home away from home and all it had to offer. Once settled we strolled lakeside through the breezeway leading to the pool area. Now when you arrive, you will be in a place that will be difficult to leave. Mediteranean tile and flora that would put some of the finest gardens to shame is perfectly place in the eden like space. Once there , sip a cool drink overlooking the lake and leave your troubles behind. There is no doubt we will always return to the inn of the lakes............Jeff and Carmen Barris Homestead ,Fla

1  Thank Jeff B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebring
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring
Quality Inn & Suites Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center
13 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Placid

Been to Inn On The Lakes? Share your experiences!