La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring
Comfort Lodge(Sebring)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewswafflestwo room suitehot tubbreakfast areaexcellent choicebusiness centerdefinitely stay here againwi firefrigerator and microwavelate checkstaff was friendlynice pool areafresh fruitcomfortable bedconvenient locationgreat place to stayrooms are clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I booked and paid for a two-room-suite. When I arrived, I was told that my room had been given to someone else and I was going to be downgraded but charged the same price. Ridiculously poor management. I had requested and paid for a two-room-suite because I was traveling with someone who has medical issues and is up during the night. With 2 rooms, he can deal with his medical issues privately in one room and I can sleep in the other. I did not hear from the manager until AFTER I filed a complaint to LaQunita Corporate about the manager giving my reserved suite to someone else. His poor response was to leave me a voicemail that sounded like this, "I have decided to refund HALF of your reward points." He didn't refund my payment. He refunded HALF of my reward points? Ridiculous! He actually emphasized the word "half" as if I was lucky to get anything. I filed another complaint. It is THIS simple, I reserved and paid for a suite, the manager made the choice to give it to someone else and then refused to apologize or offer a valid remedy. Would I ever stay here again? Absolutely not! would I ever recommend anyone else stay here? Absolutely not!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank StevenSkelley
LQ6312, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Sebring, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Mr. Skelley,

I am very sorry about this situation. I would like to clarify, though, that I arranged to have points refunded to you before I knew you complained to LQ. In addition, our 2 Room Suite is only one bedroom - the other room is the living room - so unless somebody slept on the couch then you would still have had the issue of your companion waking you up at night.

Yes, I was the one that made the decision to downgrade you, but that was not because I "gave the suite to another customer." A guest who was already in the hotel needed to extend their stay for emergency (thus, unexpected) medical reasons. Unfortunately, all of our other suites were already occupied, so my only option was to downgrade you. I knew you were expecting a suite, which is why I instructed my front desk team to offer you points in exchange for the downgrade.

As to returning only half of the points, it was LQReturns that made the decision to return that amount, not me. They did this because the Suite you had booked and the Executive King I had downgraded you to were the same point value so they initially didn't want to return anything. As I said in my voicemail, "if there is anything else I can do for you then please call or email me." My hands were tied unless you specifically asked for all of your points to be returned. Now that you have said as much I will make sure the remaining 50% points are returned, plus I will be adding an additional 50% of that total amount on top of that as an apology for the misunderstanding. I cannot refund the amount that was charged to your credit card because you didn't pay for the room. You "bought points" to make up the difference between how many points you had and how many points it takes to get a free night at this property.

As always, please feel free to email or call me directly at any time for any reason.

Jonathan Lambright

Reviewed August 8, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very enjoyable stay with my daughter and grandson. The room was comfortable, clean and well maintained. We didn't encounter any problems during our stay. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was adequate. I would definitely choose to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

New hotel!
Our second stop. Other hotel was older and more $. Walked in about got a room here for $69. Bargain!!!
No problems, I only noticed one small spot in the shower that was a little dirty.
Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

i love la quinta!! great value...nice rooms...great getaway...love the earn free nites promotion
tried workout room for first time...5star hotel on a budget...will do this again...breakfast is tops
for me...lol...