“A Must”

Lost Mines of Atlantis
Ranked #5 of 26 things to do in Sebring
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have taken my family several times. And we love it each and every time. Including my teenage son. And the shop next door is to die for. Take your time you could miss something. We go every year.

2  Thank drygonflyer
in 2 reviews
"florida"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed August 20, 2011

When we pulled up I was extremely skeptical. I thought for sure we were going to get our wallets mined. However, we bought buckets of dirt, sifted through them and found all sorts of cool stuff - gems, gold, fossils, arrowheads, shark teeth, etc. I scored a couple of emeralds and a couple of rubies. I have no idea how valuable they are. I figure if they were all that valuable, the owner would cash in on them himself. HOWEVER - it was so much fun and the kids had such a tremendous time that it was money well spent. We drove two hours to get there and it was well worth the drive. We all loved it. If you get the chance, DO IT!

5  Thank pwilliams63
Reviewed June 8, 2009

My day at the Lost mines of Atlantis was just a little profitable, Ten Rubies and a half dozen emerals. My wife found a fire Opal, if you've never prospected for rare gems this is the place. Rock hound

11  Thank SebringRockhound