“Very Average and Could Be So Much More”

Don Jose Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 142 Restaurants in Sebring
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Wide Selection of liquor at our bar, Dining room area, patio area, a long dock on lake Jackson.
London, Ontario, Canada
“Very Average and Could Be So Much More”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Dropped in here a couple of days ago because of location and how well the outside was kept. Oops, that was a bit of a mistake for choosing a restaurant. Started out not too bad, salsa has a bit of life, a little watery but some spice. I'm not sure why restaurants have their staff show up to ask what we want to drink as soon as we sit down and open the drink menu to peruse. Give the guest at least. 2-3 minutes! No prices on the drink menus so we went with draft beer. I don't like menus with no prices since I've been burned with these before when you find out later that the special drink is $20. Post the prices! Ordered and the meal arrives in less then 5 minutes, bland, no spice. Put hot sauce on the table for those that actually want some Mexican spice. We are out for dinner, I don't want to be in and out in less than 1/2 hour. If I wanted that I'd go to Taco Bell. I know the restaurant wants to have turnover and make money. It was not busy and if we hadn't been rushed we may have stayed for a drink outside but moving customers in and out is what you want, that's what they got and they lost on further sales. The food is obviously pre made and heated as orders arrive, not fresh, very disappointing,

Visited March 2014
3 Thank JBVacations

Clarkson, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lousy food”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Went to Don Jose Mexican restaurant tonight and we were so disappointed. The food quality is very poor and has a very bland taste. The food quantity is very small for the amount they charge. The beans and rice was uneatable. When I complained our waiter just said, "well everybody else lines it." From the reviews you can see I am not the only one who is dissatisfied.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Samh1954
Sebring, Florida
“Great looks and appearance”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Don Jose is a most attractive looking restaurant with authentic décor as well as a wonderful view of Lake Jackson. Service is generally good with attentive servers who try to please while offering quick service.
Unfortunately the food is not equal to the appearance of the restaurant. Prices are that of a higher quality restaurant. Overall the menu is sufficient including all favorites.
Food is lower quality and served with a minimum of flavor. Spices are rarely used for enhancement creating a bland serving which is apparent in all dishes that we have sampled. Still, for appearance alone, Don Jose remains popular.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Rich K
Sebring, Florida
“Don Jose on the lake, Sebring Florida”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Upon our arrival by boat, the restaurant is situated on lake Jackson in Sebring Florida. The service was efficient & the 2 for 1 margaritas was a plus. love the Mexican food flavours of beans & rice with the entree. Love this place for the outside deck seating as well as inside in the decor of Mexico. Furnishings are very updated & would highly recommend for an outing with friends. The homemade chips and salsa are immediately brought out & are complimentary. They also have a unique & interesting bar area. First sign of "great"is a packed parking area.. easy access from hwy. 27 at the gate gas station..

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank JkBrooks
Sebastian, Florida
“Average Mexican food at more money than I want to pay”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The only thing this place has going for it is the view from the deck on a nice day or night. The wait staff is slow and not very helpful (even though they weren't that busy). The food does not meet my expectations for good Mexican food. The cost is too high for both the food and the drinks. For my money I will go to Mi Rancho for the closest to authentic Mexican food in the whole area and for a decent price.

• Visited October 2013