“Good Food/Good Prices”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Palm Bay, FL
“Good Food/Good Prices”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stopped in for breakfast this past Saturday after a charity event in Vero Beach. Previously dined with these folks at their former location a few blocks north.
This new location doesn't appear to have increased seating capacity over the old location, but they now have better, safer parking available.

Staff was friendly, service was prompt, food was hot, and tasty. My blueberry pancakes contained REAL blueberries [unlike another RoadKill establishment a mile or so south].

Overall, a great meal at a great price.

As we were leaving the restaraunt I did encounter a rather clueless man in the parking lot. He was standing in the middle of the parking lot conversing with another person in his party on the opposite side of the 'roadway'. I gave him ample time to move out of the lane of traffic so I could continue to the exit. He just stared at my oncoming minivan. In defiance? I don't know. I stopped my van, to allow him once again to move. Nothing. It wasn't until I was a few feet from this idiot did he step back. No idea what his issue is/was.
Had nothing to do with the restaraunt service, but thought it was worth mentioning in case this dolt starts running off at the mouth about how 'someone almost ran me over' in the parking lot. He had MORE than ample time to move himself from the lane of traffic, but for reasons known only to him, decided against it.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank DAVID B

Sebastian, Florida, United States
“Good food, reasonable price”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The food is very good and the prices are reasonable. Be aware, however, that despite the name, the atmosphere is not "country".

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Peter C
Boca Raton, Florida
“Take a trip into the past with this place”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great Home Style Food WE only ate breakfast there because we were so comfortable in our room we stayed in bed well past the free breakfast Capt Hiram's Inn offered and this place has breakfast ALL day.
Really Old fasion Place with Old fashion Prices too Everything we had there was good

Visited May 2012
1 Thank RichieBoca
Vero Beach, Florida
“if driving northbound into Sebastian- drive by it”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I really try to give most places I eat at 3 attempts even though first two bombed out. Third time I ordered breakfast at counter, halfway thru I made a visit to the bathroom and upon my return my plate was gone- I told the owner twice my plate of food was trashed and that I was still eating- no response- he took my money and I left. Service is slow, food not as good as JP Matty's or the Pelican Diner.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank CSS134
Dover, New Hampshire
“Nice locals spot”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Had a nice breakfast here with the family. Priced right, good portions, friendly staff. Worth a visit if in the area.

Visited June 2012