“Don't bother to stop”

Sandrift Motel
Sandrift Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Sebastian
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This motel is the worst we have ever stayed at. I wish I had known that there was a Best Western only a few miles away. As for this place, the rooms were $55.00 plus tax. It did have a few positives. The beds were clean and comfortable. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, and air conditioner. Also, the room had been recently painted. On the negative side, there were so many. The painters had also painted the drapes. The smoke alarm had been removed. The sink and shower were filthy. There were bugs crawling around in the bathroom. The television was old and small. There were no places to sit, other than on the bed. There were two beds in the room, one with one pillow and the other with two. The windows were also really dirty; in fact I don't think they had been cleaned in years. Noise travelled throughout the building. I was awake all night because the people upstairs kept their television set running from 9 PM until they left at 7:40 AM. The place advertises that they accept American Express, but they don't. I never saw a pool. We won't be stopping here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sandrift Motel

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I never complain to anyone about anything but I booked a room on 06/29/13 for one night.. As soon as we got there we were in a rush to get to a wedding so we just took a shower and left... First problem shower was nasty didn't look cleaned in sometime so we took a shower with of sandals on.. When we stood in the shower there was a huge bubble in the tube floor due to water build up under it... It was like trying to take a shower while your trying to balance on a water bed.. So anyways we left cane back hrs later to hang out for the night.. When we laid down we notice bugs on the bed.. Not bed bugs but little roaches.. Spiders everywhere.. Bugs I have never even seen before!! So even after all that that's not even the worse when we closed the blinds there was blood splatter all over it!!! Not jus a little bit either!!! Them we notice the walls had little droplets everywhere!! I ram to the office told him I was calling the cops and wanted my money!!! Without question he complied... I plan to call the health department because this place should not be in business... Needless to say plz and I mean plz DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Justice77
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night. What a mistake. When I went out to the kitchen in the middle of the night and turn on the light there was tons of cockroaches scurrying around, it was disgusting. The bathroom was dirty, there was a couple roaches and hairs in the bed and the floors were sandy. Although the location is great I would never stay here again and would not recommend it to anyone I know.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank roseland325
Reviewed April 19, 2013

It appears that there are two hotel buildings. One is maintained and presentable, thereby yielding the good reviews that you find. Then there is...the other building. I rented two rooms in the latter in early April. The ancient bathtub in one was not mounted to the floor and rocked wildly. The guy who was in that room joked that it was like riding a skateboard. He was well entertained by the experience. The second room smelled so much of stale cigarettes and mold that we both had headaches after just a few minutes. The bed in my room was comfortable but the carpet seemed...crunchy? The door knobs and locks were so worn out that we had to have assistance to get one of the locks to turn. It became clear that it would be prudent to leave that lock open rather than take a chance on being locked inside. The neighborhood seemed relatively safe. It's a cheap hotel and if the guest understands that at the outset, the experience should not come as a surprise. For $8-12 more per night, there are other nearby alternatives.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Mr. Narry, the owner operator, who in partnership with his industrious wife keep this motel rolling, is a good host. He genuinely cares, and goes the extra mile to deal with the problems an aging facility brings on. He offers realistic prices and appreciates your business. Call the facility and Mr. Narry himself will handle your call and will be honest about his offerings. The rooms are not brandy new, but the price he offers fits the working man or retiree's pocketbook. You can pay three times the rate elsewhere in Sebastian County, but I doubt you will get three times the bed comfort or personal treatment. But of course that's just Miss Sally and my opinion. We stayed a week in March and will go back again next fall to stay some more.

Room Tip: The Narrys offer three room types at three different rates. Look at a room in each category, consid...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas J
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm sorry I haven't written sooner but due to health reasons I couldn't. I stayed in a regular hotel roomn for 2 nights then moved to a very clean, reasonably priced 1 bedroom apt. in the back for about 2 months before I moved back north. Even though I was responsible for my personal items "NOT ONCE DID THEY EVER REFUSE ME A ROLL OF TOLIT PAPER IF I RAN OUT OR RUN TO MY APT. WITHIN 30 MINUTES IF THERE WAS A PROBLEM" !!!! For me to read these comments about dirt, cans, bugs, dirty linnin etc. disgusts me. I have personally seen ******** wash the sheets, pillowcases, towels & blankets till almost 8 pm at night cause my apt. was right across the laundry room. I'm a christiam & have no reason to lie, these peiple at this motel treat you how you treat them. They are giving people who give more than you know. So before you judge this place on those who threw those horrible lie comments on here, check it out yourself. I enjoyed it so much I'm making plans to go back again for another 6 months & I'm pregnant with twins. Does that sound like a place a mother would endanger her unborn children in ??? Hmmmmm Kita Serrano (Michelle)

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank kitanjose
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed overnight with co-worker. Rates were reasonable, clean room, showers and comfy beds. There was a kitchen in the room and BBQ area by the pool but didn't get to use since we arrived late. There was a restaurant on property which had good breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebastian
Best Western Plus Sebastian Hotel & Suites
#1 of 7 in Sebastian
Seashell Suites Resort
Seashell Suites Resort
#1 of 12 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Sandrift Motel? Share your experiences!