“Good Food, Terrible Service”
Review of Capt'n Butcher's - CLOSED

Capt'n Butcher's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Capt’n Butcher’s Restaurant is closed until further notice. Inside and Outside Dining Overlooking the Beautiful Indian River. Open for Lunch and Dinner. Two Full Liquor Bars with 16 Different Draft Beers. Many New Menu items to choose from. FRESH Fish Specials Daily.
Norwich, Connecticut
“Good Food, Terrible Service”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went for dinner a couple of weeks ago. I delayed writing a review because I wasn't sure how to rate the resturant, overall. After much thought I gave it an Average rating. The food was very good and by itself earned a 4 or 5 rating. The service was so bad that I was tempted to give it a 2 rating. There were three of us dining that night. We ate on the deck, which was moderately busy. There were 3 servers on the deck. Sadly our server didn't want to be working that night - or at least that's how it seemed. As one example of many, my husband had to ask for some napkins or towelettes at least 4 times - and never got them! She clearly wasn't into her job. Cap'n Butchers is nice place to eat. The prices are okay and the food is very good. Based on other reviews we must have gone on the wrong day, at the wrong time. I will have to think hard about whether or not to go back.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank JeanneDP

West Lafayette
“Excellent waterfront restaurant”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent food served on a waterfront deck! Platters are very good, especially the fried oysters. We've been twice in a week because food was so good and setting fantastic. First time, service a little slow but second time had excellent service.

Visited February 2013
Fortescue, New Jersey
“Convenient Location, Good Food, Good Service”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just arrived in town, and looked around for a place to eat near our hotel. Found a flyer for this restaurant at our hotel, so we gave it a try. Glad we did. Nice and clean, with a friendly staff. My husband had the Capt'n Butcher's Platter (deep fried shrimp, sea scallops, oysters, and fish) with a side salad, and the veggie of the day @$22.99. I had the Indian River Crab Cakes (2) and a side of french fries, and the veggie of the day @ $14.99. Our total bill with 2 beverages was $45.00. I'm sure we will be eating there again during our stay in Sebastian. They offer Beef, Chicken, Pasta, & Seafood dishes.

• Visited February 2013
Vero Beach, FL
“Great place for a special birthday party!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I recently attended an 85th birthday party for a friend at Capt. Butcher's....the private room overlooking the patio & river was the perfect place for such a special event....we even ordered a full moon rising over the river which was perfectly amazing.
Kudos to the chef for the fabulous meals, which were enjoyed by all...mahi mahi, grilled to perfection & nice thick cut steaks were a resounding sucess!
Nice "fresh" salad to start the meal with their excellent "house dressing"...loved it!

I will tell all my friends about this place & will return with a friend next week (hopefully it will be warm enough to sit outside...although I did LOVE the inside decor too!

• Visited January 2013
Grant
“Great Valentine's Day Dinner!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Last Valentine's Day they had a special for couples and it was really good!! But I wouldn't order a frozen rumrunner (watered down) or app (greasy) at the bar out back......

Visited July 2012