“Add Captain Mike to YOUR Bucket List!”

Captain Mike Peppe's Fishing Guide Service
More attraction details
Owner description: Full Time Fishing guide in and around Sebastian Florida. Light tackle artificial and Flyfishing on the Indian River lagoon,Sebastian River and Atlantic,from Brevard county to the Florida Keys.I have been fishing Florida waters since 1976.USCG licensed and insured.Children of all ages welcome. All tackle and license supplied.Snook,Tarpon,Redfish,Seatrout and so much more.18 foot flats skiff powered by Mercury.Sage Flyrods and Sage,Tibor and Abel Reels.Shimano and Loomis rods.Shimano and Van Staal reels.
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 great days with Captain Mike Peppe! As the title says add at minimum one day on the water fishing with Captain Mike to your Bucket List! We caught: Snook, Ladyfish, Bluefish, Jacks, & Trout! We had a wonderful time, made a great new friend, saw beautiful things, laughed, relaxed, learned things, and we will definitely be making the drive down from South Carolina again for a priceless experience. Happy Fishing!

CaptMoMo, Owner at Captain Mike Peppe's Fishing Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

The enjoyment of each day I spend on the water is directly related to the people I am with.Good people like yourselves make for a memorable and enjoyable experience for both you and I. Thank you for your kind words and new memories !

Reviewed November 22, 2012

An old Sigma Chi fraternity brother and I (both not the best of fishermen) scheduled a trip with Capt. Mike Peppe. After catching several species of fish on the flats, Capt. Mike wanted us to try fishing in the ocean off Sebastian Inlet. We no sooner got out and turned South when we spotted Tarpon chasing bait fish. Capt. Mike had us cast to the bait fish and both of us immediately hooked up with tarpon. Both fish went air born at the same time. After a "heart pounding fight" that lasted for five minutes, my Tarpon bent the hooks and got away. My friend Bob got his Tarpon to the boat. Capt. Mike released Bob's fish (a 35 lb. fish on light tackle is a thrill for a Georgia pond fisherman). Because of the size and power of the larger fish, Capt. Mike switched us to heavier tackle and lures with stronger hooks We kept following the schools of fish south off the beach. About 10 minutes later we hooked up again for another double header. Bob's fish "spit the hook" after going air born several times but I was able to hold onto mine. In all of this excitement, Capt. Mike was calmly giving me instruction...."Now bow to the Tarpon when he jumps - give the fish slack so he won't break the line". With Capt. Mike's coaching, I got mine to the boat. It was all Mike could do to hold it so we could take pictures (he said it was about 110 lbs). Capt. Mike had a bear hug on the Tarpon and the flopping fish "cut loose". Mike was covered from his waist down with "brown Tarpon mist". We were all laughing so hard we had tears running down our cheeks. Capt. Mike released the Tarpon and we washed him and the boat down. We hooked up with about 12 fish but only got four to the boat. To follow those schools of fish and watch them jump multiple times was a sight I will never forget...and I've got the pictures to prove it. I have never caught more or bigger fish in my life than on this trip with Capt. Mike Peppe.
You don't have to be an experienced fisherman to enjoy a trip with Capt. Mike in the Indian River Lagoon area. He knows the fish and native species. You will learn a lot and will have a great time. I now go fishing with friends or family at least twice a year with Capt. Mike.....I call it my "Capt. Mike's Salt Water Therapy Session". Book Capt. Mike - you won't regret it.

5  Thank Jim A
CaptMoMo, Owner at Captain Mike Peppe's Fishing Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you Jim. I always enjoy your company on the water and hope to see you soon .

Reviewed April 1, 2012

When I booked with Mike, I asked for a overview of the areas waters as we have just purchased a home in Sebastian and I wanted to know how to navigate, where to fish etc. What we received was a lesson how the Indian River Lagoon works, areas where not to run the boat and where to fish. We also stoppped to fish a number of times. We were surprised to have a Dolphin follow a ladyfish to the boat and stay around the boat for a while, also in The St. Sabastian river we saw manatees. I had read in a book about Mike's skills and he more than delivered. We will book again with Mike.

CaptMoMo, Owner at Captain Mike Peppe's Fishing Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

I wish thank you for a great day together.It is always my pleasure and privilege to spend a day on the water with good people like you 2.
Thanx Capt Mike

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Five years ago, I had no experience in fishing in Florida. We had friends who recommended the Sebastian area as an excellent area to visit and I chose Capt. Mike for my first adventure in fly fishing in Florida.
It was a fantastic - I have come back every year since and every year the experience gets better. He uses the best equipment, he hand-ties his flies and he knows where the fish are.
The best part are the hints that he provides during our outings! These hints have helped me improve my fishing both in Florida and at home.
He's the best!!!

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Capt Mike is the person to see if you want a great day of touring and fishing the waterways of Sebastian. For those who fish, Capt Mike has an impressive knowledge of the Indian River's native species-- he knows how and where to go to pull in the best catch. Our family just wanted a tour of the Indian River area and to perhaps catch a few glimpses of dolphins, and Capt Mike expertly fulfilled both of those requests...He's also a lot of fun! He was amazingly patient and kind to our 2-year-old daughter; she was so excited to see real dolphins. We can't wait to tour more Florida waterways with Capt Peppe.

CaptMoMo, Owner at Captain Mike Peppe's Fishing Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words Erin. I do love watching the faces of young people and appreciate your kind words.The pleasure as always was mine.
Thanks and look forward to seeing you soon
Capt Mike