“No Hot water”

Capt Hiram's Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Sebastian
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Great place to eat & drink at. Even a great breakfast in the morning. Bed was Real comfortable. I havnt slept that good in a while ! but hot water lasted 2 min so 2 pp taking a shower b4 dinner isnt happening. Or if u get their Jacuzzi room facing the river well have fun in a COLD Jacuzzi water! On top of this the AC didnt work at first then when it was fixed it stayed on the coldest setting & had to get up & turn it up & down the whole nite either it was too cold or hot. was told would be fixed later. Not offer to move us at all. & at check out was just told sorry. Sorry WTH ! not let me get a a manager or take something off our bill. I dont think we would stay here again just because of the service.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chuck O
Hirams, Manager at Capt Hiram's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to afford us your feedback. I would like to, once again, apologize for the difficulties you incurred during what should have been a most enjoyable stay here at Capt Hiram's. I appreciate your having taken the time to discuss this matter with me directly. Thank you for your understanding. I am happy I was able to at the very least able to leave you with the lasting impression that we, the team here at Hiram's, care about our guests. We look forward to when next you afford us the opportunity to earn back your business. Thank you again for taking the time to discuss this circumstance directly and affording me the opportunity to attempt to make this right.
Jonathan
Hotel Manager

Reviewed March 21, 2011

Great Hotel. Very clean. But I must write somthing about our deep sea fishing trip on the boat THE BIG EASY. Captain Terry Wildey. Dont go with him. During our 7 hour fishing trip not one of us got to hold a fishing rod. The mate caught the fish and would not let us do any of the fishing. 2 of the 6 of us got to reel in fish. The rest of us did not even touch a fishing rod. When we asked if we could cast we were told NO we couldnt catch anything. Left us feel ripped off.... We understand we could catch no fish at all but for crying out loud let us try! I hope that Captain Hirams never reccomends this boat or captain to anyone.

Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank crisco72
Reviewed March 16, 2011

Very nice fun place to stay! Laid back "relax" atmosphere, very friendly employees in hotel and sand bar! Nick at sand bar was great and our room was very comfortable and clean, nice bed very affordable place to stay and party or just relax.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hirams, Manager at Capt Hiram's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Thank you for your positive feedback. We the staff here at Capt Hiram's Resort take great pride insuring that guests enjoy their islandsphere experience in every aspect. It is our pleasure to have served you as our guest. We look forward to serving you again. Respectfully, The Hiram's Hotel Team

Reviewed March 8, 2011

Everything about this resort was just what we were looking for. It was like the Tiki Bar in Islamorada, Florida Keys only better. Nice friendly service, good drinks at reasonable prices. Had the best conch fritters outside under the chickie hut bar. You walk on sand throughout the whole outside entertainment area. We saw people of all ages and everyone was having a ball.
The indoor resturant was impressive also. The service staff was attentive and friendly and my Pistachio crusted MahiMahi was the best fish dish I've ever eaten.
We will be returning ASAP!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peggy914
Hirams, Manager at Capt Hiram's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is absolutely our pleasure to have had the opportunity to serve you as our guest! The "Key West Feel" that you describe is one of the many reasons the Hiram's Team enjoys being here. We appreciate your having taken time out of your schedule to afford us such positive feedback. Thank you again, The Team at Capt Hiram's Resort

Reviewed December 4, 2010

All I have to say is wow. This place is incredible. Everything you could want in a resort, but the part I like the best is that its rather hidden. Have you ever heard of Sebastian, FL? Me neither. And in response to one of the bad reviews below me, the reason for the $18 dollar ticket was a national act concert. NATIONAL ACT in Sebastian, you heard me right. I guess this is a regular occurrence here, like once or twice a month. I was so blown away with my stay here, staff, food, cleanliness included, I just had to leave a review. By far the only place of its kind anywhere near here. Then the icing on the cake, you are directly on the Indian River. I would recommend this resort to anyone without hesitation .

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hirams, Manager at Capt Hiram's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for having shared your valuable feedback. It is truly our greatest reward to hear such compliments! It is guests such as you that make the hospitality industry one of enjoyment. We appreciate you and look forward to when next we may serve you as our guest. On behalf of the entire staff here at Capt Hiram's I thank you.
Jonathan Starratt, Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 25, 2010

It's done! We are married...HAPPILY!!! Thanks to Sharon Watson & the entire Capt. Hirams crew we had the most incredible wedding ever, according to many of our guests. From arranging rooms for our guests, to the amazing wedding held in the TIFFANY ROOM, it was unforgettable!
The food was FIVE STAR, service-FIVE STAR, atmosphere- FIVE STAR and of course location....FIVE STAR!!!! Thanks Cap't Hirams!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Jonathan Starratt, Hotel Manager

Reviewed November 2, 2010

Had a great time! The hotel was small but had a great time at the bar/restraunt. The bands where great. It was nice to hear music that I actually know. Count me on going back for a weekend again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mattinpbg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebastian
Best Western Plus Sebastian Hotel & Suites
Comfort Suites Vero Beach
Comfort Suites Vero Beach
#10 of 26 in Vero Beach
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside

Been to Capt Hiram's Resort? Share your experiences!